1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P3 heatsink question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hprcrazyguy, 2 Nov 2002.

1. hprcrazyguy

hprcrazyguy Minimodder

So I have this old P3 450 that was in a HP computer. The thing never was really stable at all so we struggled through about 2 and a half years of this thing being stupid before I got my computer. So anyways the Windows install finally tanked and I decided to rip it apart and clean it, yeah it was dirty. So I took off the heatsink to wash it and found this.
    [​IMG]
    What I was thinking was that some moron at the factory didnt take this little foil like strip off, because under it was something kinda thermal pad-like. I was just wondering if this wasnt supposed to be there and could have caused the CPU to overheat causing our many headaches.

Pic hosted courtesy of hk. Thanks :)

PS: I am building my mom and brother a new PC so this one is going to get formatted and go to my father whose 486 33Mhz finally died on him. :)

Last edited: 2 Nov 2002
  2. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

lol looks like the little stupid thing that said "peel here" on the bottom of my pIII heatsink.... good old slot 1....

3. hprcrazyguy

hprcrazyguy Minimodder

Yeah, I was like, wtf is this thing, oh my goodness we have been frying this processor slowing for years, lol :rolleyes: