1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Panasonic 37" Plasma to a PC...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SkylerUnruh, 16 Nov 2004.

1. SkylerUnruh

SkylerUnruh What's a Dremel?

:sigh: Okay... I need to know if this is possible... I have a client with a 37" Plasma TV (Panasonic TH-37PD25UP) and we are trying hook it up to a PC. We would have gone with a standard VGA cable, but the VGA input is on the front of the TV, which is unacceptable, since it the TV is built into the wall using a custom bracket.

So we figured use the DVI-D output from his nVidia GeForce FX5200 video card to a DVI signal amplifier to reach the TV in the other room (50ft away). Well, the Panasonic 37" Plasma doesn't have a DVI port, but instead a HDMI input. So we figured order an adapter and this should work. :wallbash: NOPE, wrong format... :eyebrow: the video card only wants to produce VGA resolutions through its DVI output, so we had to find an alternate way of making this work.

I got to looking around and found a video card called MyHD, its a PCI interface so it will be completely plug and play and he can still make use of his current AGP based video card. The MyHD video card is supposed to support 1080i resolutions for HD based TV's.

Now, my question is: does anyone know if this setup will work using this MyHD video card through a DVI signal amplifier, then through a 50ft DVI cable, to a DVI to HDMI adapter, then into the HDMI input on his Panasonic Plasma. I gotta get this setup working, and I choose DVI because it would have the cleanest picture over composit or s-video, and VGA is outta the question as he doesn't want any unsightly video equipment plugged into the front of his TV.

Any help or any additional information that anyone can give me would be greatly appreceated. :confused:

2. leber

leber What's a Dremel?

My house mate sells plasma's and his advice is
    dvi to hdmi probaly will not work because pc output has a verticlal and horizitail sync. hdmi is simply for video and doesnt have those two syncs. unforntley he thinks your only option is using the dvi input.

his questions would be is the plamsa already bought because the plasma your looking at is a comsumer model. You could get a comerical model and dvi input module which would then put the dvi connector on the back and elimite the connector on the front. one other thing is how many other devieces are hooked up, because most comerical models dont have as many inputs.

3. woodshop

woodshop UnSeenly

I have another question to pose to this.

Will VGA or DVI travel 50ft without signal loss?

And if you could care less and the VGA is behind a door on the front.
    You could just void all the Warantees open the thing up. Pray it's attached via a ribbon vable then just cut a small hole in the back of the casing and run it that way :D