1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Parvum Systems ITX build - Project name revealed tonight!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by GeorgeStorm, 19 Oct 2013.

1. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

So, not quite the update I had planned, due to some, issues.....

Here's a teaser of what the update might be.

[​IMG]

Cables ready for posting :D

2. GeorgeStorm

So here's a 'proper' update at last!

Look what arrived :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cables from Pexon :)
    [​IMG]

An idea of how things might turn out:
    [​IMG]

Not particularly frond of the main 24 pin at the moment, due to the weird pin layout of the PSU lots of the cables have to cross over each other :/
    Due to how thick the 24pin is a result, it doesn't look like I'll be able to do push/pull anymore! :(
    There may also be an issue with the sata power connector, not matching the PSU, but I've been assured by Pexon that it should work so I'll be testing tonight.

Starting to think I should have just gone with extensions!

Sorry for the wait, and the small update, hopefully I'll have some more pics for you guys tomorrow, and some news about the last couple of items I've been waiting for :)

3. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Ah what a bummer about the 24pin. The thread I read about it was really informative. Seems almost impossible to do anything better than Pexon did. I've got a good idea in mind but better we talk about it in person. Could resolve the 24pin and get the push pull back. Looks great tho dude such an awesome little LAN rig!

4. GeorgeStorm

Yeah it's a little annoying, probably going to have a bit of play this weekend see what I can do with it, will also probably do some clocking for you guys :)

I look forward to hearing your idea :D

5. shrop

shrop El Jefe of Sleeving

There is no other way to do the 24 pin on that power supply. I did the best job I could have possibly done. Due to the pinout on the power supply, the cables have to wrap around, there is an entire thread on it on another forum, no pro sleever or enthusiast has been able to do a neater, flatter job.

Try fanning the cables out to lay then flatter and push them underneath the motherboard. With extensions you'd have even less room to maneuver due to the additional mess behind the mid-wall.

Same with the graphics card, route then over the top of the card itself, it will look much, much cleaner.

6. GeorgeStorm

I wasn't suggesting you had done it badly, as I said it's due to the weird pin layout.
    I had a bit of a play over the weekend, so will hopefully update this thread tonight/tomorrow with a couple of pictures :)

Apparently Parvum have had some issues with the guy who does their glass, so I won't be updating that until this weekend, along with hopefully (finally) getting an 80mm fan for the exhaust!

7. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

Couldn't you just make a tiny extension of a few millimeters, which would act as an adaptor and deal with the cross-over? You could then have a normal 24-pin extension from the adaptor to the motherboard. Just a thought.

EDIT: Like this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 2 Dec 2013
  8. GeorgeStorm

Yes in theory, but that would be more money, and this build has already cost me more than I had originally planned/budgeted for, so I'm aiming to try and avoid spending anything extra now, at least for a while.
    I'll have an update tonight which will show the current (and improved!) status of the build :)

9. GeorgeStorm

So here's a small update.

Started the rewiring needed
    [​IMG]

Ended up actually having to remove the base of the case as well but I didn't take a pic since I was tired and forgot :p

This was the end product:
    [​IMG]

Pretty happy with how it currently looks, a decent amount of cable on show without obstructing too much stuff, got push and pull back on the rad which is nice.

Still not finished, should be getting a fan for the back and maybe some new glass this weekend :)

10. shrop

shrop El Jefe of Sleeving

That looks much cleaner mate, good job

11. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Yes mate that's looking much better! Was pretty much what I had in mind with the 24pin. Having the second fan really adds to the lighting of the case. Great almost shadows etc :)

12. GeorgeStorm

Thanks, yeah it does, hopefully a 3rd fan at the back will help as well :D

13. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

Hows this little beast running? Did you get round to playing with your RAM I use the same stuff in my FT03, its overclocks very well, had mine running at 2400mhz for a period of bench tests, run at 1866mhz 24/7.

J.

14. Mrhunter

Mrhunter What's a Dremel?

Still thinking where to put my SSD's. Although can report I fitted in three and a 1TB HDD 3.25" drive with ease. And velcro pads.

^.^ Love the build George, hopefully I can live up to creating something as prettyz.

15. GeorgeStorm

Hey, sorry for the lack of reply!
    It's doing very well :) I'll hopefully get some pics of it as it is now over the weekend at another LAN, some screenies of the current clocks as well :D

Sadly couldn't get the RAM to play ball very much, might give it another go though.

I'm sure yours will be good, look forward to seeing it a LSUCS LAN!