1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC for digital audio recording

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tmod, 10 Oct 2004.

1. tmod

tmod What's a Dremel?

I know very little about the subject, but a friend wants to build a computer for digital recording. Could anyone educate me on what makes a good PC for digital audio recording?

T.I.A. :thumb:

2. corvette

corvette What's a Dremel?

i have to be honest with u its no so much the computer its the sound card and recording devices u have

u could build an A64 with 500Gb off hdd space 1Gb of ram and just a standard GFX card but then ur mate would need a digital pro sound card if he is gonna go all the way with it

My mate has a steinberg pro in his machine and uses all there products as well and he is only running a P2 400 with a raid card and 2x120Gb hdds and his comp controls the mixer and **** the whole lot its a full on pro setup

also depends if ur mate wants to use MIDI and other features like i said haveing the computer to control the mixing table as well

i maybe wrong but im going on wat my mate has told me Good luck

3. [cibyr]

[cibyr] Sometimes posts here

If the computer is anywhere near what your want to record, you will want a *very* quiet computer. With a quality sound card (none of this creative crap).