1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays PC HDCP compliance

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tigertop1, 11 Aug 2010.

1. tigertop1

tigertop1 What's a Dremel?

The new 3D monitors such as the Samsung 2233RZ and the Acer GD245 are HDCP compliant but only when the resolution is set at 60Hz.
    Does anyone know if a PC monitor with HDCP compliance at 120Hz is available? And if so where can one purchase it?

2. Syn

Syn ¯\(°_o)/¯

Why would you want this?

3. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

He would want this so that he can run 3d on his blu-rays :)

And the answer to that is the Acer 24" as its what has been run here for a few days now :)

Andy

4. raxonb

raxonb Minimodder

You can always use AnyDVD.

5. tigertop1

tigertop1 What's a Dremel?

I have anydvd and can use that to play Blu-Ray. I also have cyberlink PowerDVD 10 Ultra mark II which does NOT play Bluray on a 120 Hz monitor. Cyberlink do not want to know about this-and HDCP compliance often quoted for monitors in sales specs does not say it is only HDCP compliant at 60 hz. However HDCP on a 120 Hz screen will be necessary as 3D vision and Blu-Ray software develops. Many TVs are now OK on this but monitor manufacturers are lagging behind. I can use 'any dvd' but why do we have to have both it and Cyberlink to resolve the problem . That's why I want it.

Andrew 8200M, can you please let me have the Acer model number or is it the 245 GD?