1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V PC Headset for Gaming/Music

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Orca, 29 Jul 2006.

1. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Can anyone recommend a good headset for me? I will be using it for gaming and listening to music. I have a budget of around £50. I'm not too bothered with the quality of the microphone as long as it's good enough for voip etc, but I'm more bothered about the audio quality. If I have to pay more than I don't mind, just not too much.

Only one I've tried is the Plantronics DSP500, but the audio quality wasn't good enough for me.

Cheers

2. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

Do a thread search, I think this question has been asked before.

3. xpc

xpc What's a Dremel?

yeah, use the search box! :D

but here's i can recommend you a zalman 5.1 headphones! that's it! :D

4. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

I'm surprised you've been disappointed with your Plantronics DSP 500's :confused:
    I've had a set of those for a couple of years myself, and they're still as good as the day I bought 'em!

But I use my Speedlink Medusa 5.1 'surround sound' cans for gaming now.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

They're very comfortable... and I personally think they're excellent for late night gaming.
    I can hear noises/sounds I can't remember hearing when using a 5.1 speaker set, and they do give the impression of 'surround sound' :rock:

However... if you can afford to spend a bit more than £35 (or around £50 for the twin set - which I bought)... you might want to consider the Raptor H1 Pro Gaming Premium 7.1 Surround Sound USB Headset (quite a mouthful!)...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

They're available from a number of sources for around £65 :thumb:

5. dom_

dom_ --->

Or get a stereo set for £65.
    As i have said many many times before, think of the economics of it.
    £65 for 8 drivers... thats £8.13 per driver
    or
    £65 for 2 drivers... thats £32.50 per driver
    I wonder which will sound better.

6. infered101

infered101 What's a Dremel?

Im curious though which stereo headset is good. I mean all the headset threads i read are just people being saying that set sucks dont go with that one. Im looking for a good Headset for $50 or so and reading all the threads noone makes up there minds.

Basically what is a good stereo headset for gaming 50$ or so. Sry if this seems like a hijak but we are both looking for the same thing.

7. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

well, hi fi is more about finding what doesn't suck, than finding the absolute best. good sound is quite subjective, but we can be pretty dogmatic on what sounds awful. this is why a lot of advice when it comes to hi fi is in the form "stay away from xxx"

Last edited: 31 Jul 2006
  8. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Thanks for your responses guys. I decided to go with the Speedlink Medusa 5.1 and it's exactly what I wanted. I highly recommend this headset too in case any other viewers who are looking for a new one :)

9. Stwongbad

Stwongbad What's a Dremel?

It was banned in the cpl...

10. luvbug

luvbug What's a Dremel?

cpl?

11. Stwongbad

Stwongbad What's a Dremel?

http://www.medusa-canada.com/medusa-51-progamer-edition-p-846.html

I could only find the canadian side but..the "pro" gamer edition is kind of ironic because its banned from the cpl (cyberathlete professional league)

Although he already made his choice i'd reccomend the Medusa (speedlink) Triton headset to anyone , only stereo but it has great sound quality and overall quality aswell as wraps around the ears like the 5.1 (idenical really)