1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other PC issue with weird sounds and invalid process attachment error

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by D3Mamba, 25 Feb 2012.

1. D3Mamba

D3Mamba What's a Dremel?

Hi all.
    I have currently got two issues with my computer. One of them is that it is making a weird sound when it loads up an application or a web page. It also sort of stops a song when it is nearly finished and then resumes it after. I find that this error can go away when the power options are on high performance, but even when it is, it still makes this annoying sound on BF 3 and the computer almost jitters for a second or so. Need help soon please!

The other issue is that my computer suffers from an "invalid process attachment error" now and again. It usually occurs after I do a disk clean up using CCleaner. What can I do to fix these errors please?

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Some questions:

Have you run anitvirus and malware scans recently?
    What brand of memory are you using?
    Do you have a sound card installed?
    Are you using any non-standard or old game controllers?
    I assume the sound is coming out of your speakers. Can you describe it in more detail than "weird"?
    Have you tried this page for your stop error? It's a good starting point, and there is a link on that page to more generic STOP code troubleshooting.
    In Device Manager are any items listed with a yellow warning triangle?

With the very limited info you have provided I would suggest that the problem is likely to be a faulty driver, registry, some kind of malware or possibly failing RAM.