1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V PC stopped working in 3d

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by cdb, 21 Apr 2013.

1. cdb

cdb No comment

I have an Acer HN274H 3d monitor and until the last time I used it for watching 3d clips, everything was OK.
    I tried to watch a 3d movie from my camcorder folder on the pc yesterday and I get the message
    "Your computer does not meet the system requirements to display 3d pictures and movies."

It worked fine before, so what's changed? PowerDVD 12 and Sony's PlayMemories at home both give me the same basic message, yet they both previously worked fine with 3d stuff. Nothing on the pc has changed hardware or software wise that I'm aware of.

I have a GTX 460 gpu, Core I7 860 cpu and plenty of ram and hdd space.

If I connect the camcorder direct to the monitor via hdmi it plays in 3d no problem, but the same files saved on the pc don't work in 3d. To me that shows the monitor is fine and the pc is at fault.

Any ideas?

2. cdb

cdb No comment

Sorted. I don't know what was actually wrong, but I went through the Nvidia 3d set up again and restored the default settings in the "manage 3d settings" bit and one or both of those fixed it.

I can only think that one of the driver updates must have changed something as I know I haven't.