1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards PC will not turn back on properly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by suragh, 15 Oct 2013.

1. suragh

suragh Derp

Hey,

I have just come in from work, switched on my PC and I noticed none of my screens started up.. So I looked inside the case and noticed that the MemOk light, the DRAM light and the SATA light, lit up red and stayed red. The fans are spinning, so is my h100, my HDD's are powered up and spinning.

I noticed that there weren't any LED's flashing from the GPU, so I decided to reseat it but nothing changed. I reseated the CMOS jumper.... nothing changed.

The night before however, I did update the GPU's drivers. (MSI 7970) from the Main AMD site. It was a Beta driver.

Now this is the part I honestly don't understand.... I tested the RAM sticks individually (4x4GB) and each time I pushed the MemOk button, after 30 seconds, the PC switches off but, when I go to turn the PC on, it doesn't power back up.

The motherboard is a sabertooth P67.

Can anyone lend a hand? I feel left in the dark..

Much appreciated!

EDIT: Just tried seating 2 sticks in to the beige slots, ran the memok test again and after 30 seconds the PC switched off, however, It decided to switch back on and the memok LED is continuously blinking.

Last edited: 17 Oct 2013
  2. suragh

suragh Derp

Fixed by myself... can an admin please close this thread.

Thanks

Last edited: 17 Oct 2013