1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards pcie x16 not working?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by nescafe, 20 Jun 2011.

1. nescafe

nescafe Minimodder

Hiya all.. I have been build a system for a friend but i have come across a problem.

here are the specs
    P8H67-M Pro Mobo
    i5 2500k
    8 gig of mushkin ram
    Palit GTX580
    Cosair GS800 PSU
    CM Storm case
    PLUS WINDOWS AND OTHER BITS

But when i finished building it i have came across a problem. when i plug the graphics card into the top (blue) pcie slot the pc does not reconise it but when i plug it into the bottom(black) pcie slot it reconises it ok??
    Is there a problem with the board or am i missing something somewhere??
    Look forward to your response
    Cheers Chris

2. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

First problem is you have an i5 2500K in a H67 motherboard, shame on you! As for the GPU problem, have you read the manual and checked in BIOS? It might be the case that various slots can be disabled either that or the card is not seated correctly. Could also be a fault of course!

3. nescafe

nescafe Minimodder

yeah tried re-seating but no difference..Been scouring through the bios and the manual but i cant see anything wrong???

4. Deders

Deders Modder

Probably need to send the MB back, Might be worth asking for a P67 board if you ever have any intention of overclocking.

5. nescafe

nescafe Minimodder

yeah thats what i feared....note to self....dont offer to build other peoples pcs for them lol