1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Pelt paradice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Captain_Zap, 22 Jan 2004.

1. Captain_Zap

Captain_Zap What's a Dremel?

just a wacked idea that poped into my head has anyone tec cooled a submurged rig before? i am just cureous and wat about a big actice sinked pelt because you wouldent have to worry about watter freaseing issues like that extream overclocking artical a few years back with the dry ice. wicked system but the co2 output would be intresting not to mention the extended operating fees of a system like that with 1$ a block of dry ice at a rate of roughly a block every 2 hours, thats 12$ a day, i squirm when i shell out that muck in server fees for the masive multiplayer rpg's

2. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

hrmm all the submerged rigs I saw were usually heatsink cooled(if even that), Then the liquid was usally cooled by liquid nitrogen or a condenser, I suppose its very possible to peltier cool a submerged system, but I don't think IT would be neccasry usually the submersion cooling is more then adequate. I suppose you could do it for the cool factor, I suppose if you just wanted to run the liquid around room temp, and let the peltiers do the cooling, Then again a normal watercooling setup would be a lot cheaper and hassle free to run.

3. Captain_Zap

Captain_Zap What's a Dremel?

i cant afford to submurg, besides water cooled makes mine imoble enough,i thought it just might be intresting as a old artical from extreme oc came to mind last night

4. Fubar

Fubar What's a Dremel?

tecs dont work so well at really low temps..

Tags: