1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Pentiment (Obsidian)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 17 Nov 2022.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

[ pen ◽ ti ◽ ment ]
    A reappearance in a painting of an original drawn or painted element which was painted over by the artist.

Blurb:

From Obsidian, this game is a historical narrative-driven game focusing on character development, heavily stylized art, and choice-driven storytelling in early 16th century Bavaria. Players will play as Andreas Maler, a clever illustrator caught up in a series of murders in Tassing and Kiersau Abbey over the course of twenty-five years. Players will be responsible for conducting their own investigation to decide the fate of the community, but each decision will have lasting consequences and inexorably draws Andreas closer to the center of an underlying conspiracy.

There have been some great games lately with this medieval-style art and I'm here for it! It's on GamePass (PC and Xbox), so I definitely have to download it and have a play!

site | steam | gamepass | discord | twitter

2. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

I started this this morning and so far it looks great! Similar art style to Procession to Calvary (a touch more modern though). Can't really comment on gameplay or storyline as I only did the opening scene but so far so good!

Hex likes this.
  3. liamredskis

liamredskis What's a Dremel?

Obsidian remains one of the most trustworthy developers out there! This one looks especially unique and worthy of several playthroughs. It's just so freaking refreshing to see a well-known name break the current 'mold' by simply creating new IPs and not devolving to remakes and DLCs...

Hex likes this.
  4. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I played it for a few hours the other night and I'm really enjoying it. It's not my type of game at all (I hate making choices in games about as much as I do IRL!), but it's really fun. Also the frog in the art-work when you look stuff up made my day. It has SEEN things! :hehe:

Obsidian have said there was no way they could make something so niche without GamePass. I really am loving some of the hidden gems I'm only playing because they're 'free'.

liamredskis likes this.