1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 10 Oct 2014.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Just the way it looks puts me off it. The front looks like it should be the bottom and that it has been tipped over backs.

3. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I thought my monitor was well set up, but those first few photos of the interior appear extremely dark.

Smart arses need not comment on the fact that the case is black.

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I love the looks!

If I ever go mATX, this or the Mini XL (Phanteks other mATX case) will the one I chose.

6. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Interesting. I don't actually like the look of the case as is, but I reckon even a simple paint job could change that for me. IMO it's the sort of case that would look good with a coat of gun metal silver and a gloss coat, or a similar shade to that which Attila used in Cor Leonis. It would suit the angular lines quite nicely.

7. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Lol..at least clean all those grubby finger print smudges off before you photograph it.

8. Jedibeeftrix

Jedibeeftrix What's a Dremel?

been looking for a quality mATX case for an potential X99 build, looks like i've found one.

is that front 200mm intake filtered? (make or break question)

9. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Issues about the photos noted - they looked fine on my screen but I'm shamefully only using a TN panel so deeper blacks aren't as dark as they "truly" are I expect. I'll be wary of this and make them a bit lighter in future to compensate.

The fingerprints were actually cleaned - it just goes to show how quickly and easily they get picked up again! I'll try and be more conscious of it in the future but it's not going to be a priority as cleaning the case between every shot would be a real pain and make what is usually a long shoot even longer.

Yes it is. You can see the filter here with the front panel pulled off:

http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2014/10/phanteks-enthoo-evolv-review/evolv-3b.jpg

And the filter pulls cleanly off for easy cleaning, revealing the fan and mounts behind it:

http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2014/10/phanteks-enthoo-evolv-review/evolv-4b.jpg

Tags: Add Tags