1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU Phenom II 550 core unlocking thread :)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kris, 15 Dec 2009.

1. Kris

Kris Lord Lolwut

Hey all,

As there is nothing comparable here, I thought I'd start a little thread here at Bit, to see how many of you have/have not successfully unlocked cores on your Phenom 550.
    (I know there are such threads elsewhere, but I really like Bit-tech and don't really feel like registering elsewhere :))

The idea: to have people posting about successes / failures, so people who are considering the piece of kit can have more information regarding this.
    Also, hopefully to see how popular certain hardware actually is, and what experiences people have - this keep to a maximum of ~200 characters.

I would like to make an online Google doc for this as well, to consolidate the information in a clearly understandable manner.

I would recommend the following:

1. List your hardware using the form below
    2. List your daily settings you use - stock voltage clocks most important (I know most Phenoms can do 3,8+ with 1,5V but not everyone wants to pump so much current through their kit) along with your "24/7" OC setting.
    3. Feel free to add your custom clocks to the component list - I'm sure it would help even more to see for example, what graphics cards people have bought and at what clocks they are using them at. But the focus here is on the lovely Phenom chip ;).

Here is the form (filled with my build information).

CPU: Phenom II 550 -> B50 x4 3,4GHz 1,35V, 2,2GHz IMC
    MOB: Asus M4A79XTD Evo
    RAM: 2x2GB 1333MHz Apacer (CL9)
    GFX: Club 3d Radeon 5770 1GB @ 925 GPU / 1400 Mem

Case: Akasa Omega
    Cooling: Akasa Nero

Experiences: No issues whatsoever, except had to update bios for unleashing mode to work. Everything on stock. CPU does 3,9GHz @ 1,5V as dual. AMD overdrive bugging a little - crashes when changing settings sometimes.

Lets get some nice information together :)

For the greater good... (as uttered in Hot fuzz)

2. Kris

Kris Lord Lolwut

fail.

/thread