1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos [Photo] Butterfly Garden

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by mattthegamer463, 5 Jan 2007.

1. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

I took a week trip to Cape Cod/ Boston, so I took some pictures. I went to the Boston Museum of Science. They had a butterfly room, which had some 500 butterflies in it. I took some pictures, so here are a few of them...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, any comments? The photos are unedited, I really didn't see anything that needed correction.

*PS* Shot with a Olympus SP-500UZ 6MP.

Last edited: 5 Jan 2007
  2. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

technically very nice! try playing a lil with selective colour in photoshop to brighten up the butterflies! they're a little to flat.. But god i hate butterflies >_<

3. scq

scq What's a Dremel?

I've come to the realization that butterflies are just really really ugly nasty things with nice wing designs.

Great photos though, except too much contrast in exposure (guess it's nothing you can do much about aside from HDR).

What lense was used? You got some very nice magnification, decent boken, and fairly sharp images.

4. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

I went to the butterfly room in the Calgary Zoo last year.
    Suffice to say, I was attacked by not one, but TWO butterflies!
    I was also attacked by one as a child...

Nice shots by the way :)

5. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

I agree, at this distance butterfly bodies are too ugly to ignore.

As for what lens, its the stock permanent lens, 10x zoom. Website says 6.3 - 63 mm (38-380mm equivalent in 35mm photography)

Also, I took all these shots without using the zoom at all. The butterflies didn't move and the camera was maybe 5cm from them. I was lucky they didn't mind it and fly away just as I click the shutter.

6. scq

scq What's a Dremel?

YEAH! CALGARY! Woot!

Tags: