1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos [Photos] Edinburgh

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by ajack, 29 Jan 2007.

1. ajack

ajack rox

Had a wander up to Edinburgh with photosoc this weekend - really nice city and had a pretty good time, alas not that much picture taking went down... :) Couple of them look a bit washed out when looking at them on my lappy, maybe my monitor on my main box isn't calibrated, I dunno :/

Click for biggah

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit No longer the other Brett.

The HDR treatment really works well on those, very nice shots.

3. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Woa! Super nice. :thumb:

Really love #1 and #5

4. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe New Member

Oh man thanks for sharing these. I'm sitting now in my chair in awe enjoying #2 and #5 and spanking my non SLR Fuji E550.

5. Cardan

Cardan New Member

. they look like something out of a story book

very very nice

6. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

#5 is the winner for me. The composition is great, the subject matter is interesting to look at, and the exposure is well done. This is one of the better HDR treatments I've seen in this forum.

#6 is a pretty cool abstract shot. It would make a fantastic desktop.

Thanks for sharing!

-monkey

7. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

Be nice to it. Remember, as with all delicate electronics; garbage in-garbage out. The E550's 6mp should be more then enough to get a photo like this. You would need a light tripod and some patience, but I got great stuff from my Canon SD400. Provided I had the time and will.

oh, and I also like the pictures.

8. ajack

ajack rox

Thanks all :)

A tripod isn't that essential - I do all my stuff handheld because I've not got round to buying a tripod yet and they can be a bit of a bugger to carry.

9. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I love the photo's although your Scottish Parliment one is a little flat. Its a shame they spent half a billion pounds on a building which only really has one interesting part to photograph. :p Did you take any photo's of Dynamic Earth, the building opposite?

Good work with the HDR too, it bring out the details with out being too in your face. :thumb:

10. ajack

ajack rox

Yeah, the parliament buildings are alright inside, but they're a bit dark and I didn't have a tripod so there wasn't much I could do.

Didn't get any of Dynamic Earth that were any good but I'm going there again this weekend so I might take my camera up.

11. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

They wont let you take photo's inside which is a bit cheeky as my taxes will be paying for the thing for the rest of my life. :) I would recommend a walk around Greyfriars kirk yard too, i got some great shots there. Across the road from there is the museum of scotland, which is free to get into the and the central atrium is quite impressive.

12. imkeller

imkeller New Member

1 and 6, very nice :D

13. PA!N

PA!N New Member

Exellent shots, do you have an high res shot of nr.1? That one is just fantastic.

14. bumfluff

bumfluff New Member

I like the shot of the Scottish Parliament you got in #6, well worth the extra few hundred million we payed for it. Hope you liked Edinburgh, it is a really beautiful City, although I prefer Glasgow for shopping.

Tags: