1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software Photoshop filters\plug-ins

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Podge4, 10 May 2010.

1. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

Im starting to use PS CS3 more and would like to know if theres somewhere i can get more filters, for free if possible, or if theres anything that anyone can recommend for me to install.

On a side thing, I've shot a few RAW files on my Nikon D5000, but it won't load them, it says its the wrong type of document, but i've installed the Camera Raw 5.7 update, im sure i've just missed something and someone can help.

2. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

3. Podge4

I'll try that for the raw thingy. thx

4. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

You should be able to use up to version 4.6.

However, version 4.6 was released on October 10, 2008, and the D5000 was released in April 2009. Sometimes you get lucky and Adobe Camera Raw will open a raw file generated by a camera that isn't on the official list of supported cameras. Sometimes you're not so lucky, and you have to wait for an update to your particular version of Photoshop.

If you still can't get the file to open in Adobe Camera Raw, just use the Nikon utility.

Regarding your question about filters, since you're just starting to use Photoshop more and more I would recommend looking around for some tutorials that demonstrate techniques you find interesting. I also recommend just playing around with the different settings to see how each one interacts with other settings. Filters might be an easy way to add a lens flare, but you don't get the satisfaction of creating an effect on your own.

5. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

:duh: all this time i have been using 4.3.1 which did not support my camera (but still opens them fine) and 4.6 supports it :p oh well.

6. Podge4

The raw update didn't work, tried the 2 as above but still no luck, still says not supported, and the lastest update says its too new for the program. Never mind, Nikon viewer works ok, i'll have to see if my mates upgraded photoshop yet and borrow his.

Tags: