1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics PIC chip code and data memory locations

Discussion in 'Modding' started by LuitvD, 23 Oct 2006.

1. LuitvD

LuitvD What's a Dremel?

Can anybody help me find out how to calculate the memory adresses of the program memory etc. (program, data, ID and latches) in PIC chips? I need these to get my programmer working (it needs to know where it can program, and where it shouldn't)... I can't find all data in the datasheets... not in a way I understand it all... I did find out where the program memory of the 16F877a sits (0x0000 till 0x3FFF) but the other sectors are nowhere to be found...

can anyone help? I need it for the 16F877a in the first place...

2. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

There's a big table with all the SFR's (Special Function Register Map) and space for GPR's - that's where all your port latches etc are and where you can store variables. For the ID search the index for "ID Locations"!

3. LuitvD

LuitvD What's a Dremel?

yeah, but the numbers there are 2-numbered hexadecimal numbers? :S somehow, the program memory is (on the 16F877a) from 0x0000 till 0x3FFF...

oh wait :) Found a nice datasheet on microchip's site, one specificly designed for explanation of 'serial programming' :)

for who's interested: a linky