1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete ⭐ Picture heavy! \\ V8 Ocean // FINISHED - eucalyptus

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by eucalyptus, 18 Aug 2016.

1. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Great work Sebastian

2. eucalyptus

eucalyptus I am 19 and Swedish!

Thanks Tim :D I am glade to hear that!! Hope to see you soon, it's actually starting to run out of time, DH Winter is just around the corner...

3. jojoharalds

jojoharalds Minimodder

Looking good so far keep up the good work

4. eucalyptus

Update 2

Where have you been

Ooh jeeeesus! What can I say :p

I don’t know what to say. So for this update, I mean it, the pictures can speak for themselves!:lol:

One thing I can add is, it’s a lot of fun working with wood! It’s soft, easy and yeah, I really enjoy it! :dremel: :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh, you noticed my new watermark, what do you think? You like it? :D :D Tried to keep it a bit smaller, clean and style-ish than the last one haha ;)

5. eucalyptus

Update 3

Time to stop teasing you with small sneak-peaks and time show you some real stuff!! Don’t you agree? :D :lol:

This is what all the drilled holes in the front are meant for :dremel: :dremel:

8 mm bent acrylic rods which are supposed to hold the south control bridge. (Well, sorry for the mess in the pictures…I were probably very eager to show you :p )

Wow, look, a radiator prepping with Montana Gold primer. I were about to write a guide about how I paint my stuff, but after I saw the results after my work I thought I better don’t hahahahaha ;) ;)

BTW, next update is going to BE HUGE!!! I have a surprise for you :D :naughty:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. eucalyptus

It’s an honor for me to present my last and final partner, Mayhems from the UK! :)

I have used their products before and I don’t see why I wouldn’t continue to do so.

So after a few emails with Kevin from their support line, an amazing guy! they sent me some of their dyes, “some” - I asked for 6, they sent me 19 hahahaha :D :D Now I can’t decide which ones to choose…

There are also 5 bottles of X1 clear 250ml coolant and their own Mayhems "ultra clear tubing", last one remains to see how it performs :) I have read both and bad stuff about it, so I will let you know!

Compared to milk these dyes and coolant can be in a cool storage for over a year, so these will be used in both this project and my last one, the Tristellar. - and compared to the Tristellar I can change the water in this one in just a few minutes so I can go for a new color every season :D I will start with blue, and now I have 6 different of just blue, *decisions anxiety incomig*

Anyway, I am very grateful for their support and looking forward to work with them on all my future projects as well! :)

Enjoy the pictures, I went out a few hours to hunt down some good looking leaves, people were starring at me like I was some kind of freak walking my dog and starring at leaves… If anyone would have asked I had come up with innocent “for a photo contest” answer hahah :D

[​IMG]

Mayhems website:
    https://mayhems.co.uk

Mayhems on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009/?fref=ts

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. eucalyptus

Woho :D

Finally the radiators are done after HOURS and HOURS of painting and dry time…

It definitely turned out 10x better than last I tried to paint :p No, it will never be good or perfect as a professional with air-brush.

But with the few skills I have to hands and spray cans - I am definitely happy :) I can really be proud now because I am happy with the result, proud of my own work.

I really want to say thanks to Aquatuning in Germany for sending me these great radiators and Skapamer from Sweden for providing me with a whole setup of Montana Gold spray cans. I used primer, pure white and matt varnish - result = awesome!

Please enjoy the pictures :) I can’t wait until I am able to mount my Noiseblocker nb-eloop fans on these :D :D :D

Cheers and watch out for crazy clowns on Halloween ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. eucalyptus

Oh my God.

I have been sooooooo lazy and sleepy the past few weeks. Haven’t been doing much except sleeping 15 hours a day, literally speaking! Had a cold for 2 weeks and also waiting for parts.

Anyway, I am getting a liiiiittle better now, everyone gets better with a bit chocolate ;)

This it’s time for drilling, again. 16 holes as a matter of fact, and then tapping M3 screws :)

A quick tip, keep a vacuum cleaner nearby to avoid all the small pieces flying around the garage. I found out afterwards, so now my garage is a total mess. Stuff everywhere, tools everywhere and it’s dirty as, yeah you get it! Even threw out a lot of boxes last week, I believe it’s even messier now because then I used the space to spread my stuff more around me :p

I should say that ALL holes are drilled and tapped by hand! It is nothing than easy to drill straight by hand, but I managed to sort it out pretty good, didn’t mess up this time.

Second last picture we drill and tap the control panel, taping acrylic isn’t easy :S

And the very last picture we drilled a few holes and used the file a few hours to make space for LED’s coming later ;)

PICTURES!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. eucalyptus

A continued story on the last update :)

After HOURS and HOURS of work the main frame chassi parts are done :)

I have used 240, 400, 800, 1200, 2000 sand paper and metall polish on the edges to make it shiny like a mirror.

First I had ordered a small piece of Carbon fiber vinyl from Ebay, which wasn’t enough, and then I freaked out.

I went looking on the internet after a supplier, and then after a while I found a store in Irland who had what I was looking for :)

So I ordered 2.5 x 1.5 meter white polished carbon fiber, mainly used for wrapping cars. It was expensive, it’s a lot of money, but thinking about it, it isn’t because I got the best product available and a huge piece so I could re-do everything TWICE. Yes, I had to re-do all the wrapping twice to get it 110% perfect. It’s very difficult for a newbie.

The Irish company shipped the vinyl and 4 days later I had on my doorstep and I could start working again.

Here’s the result :) It’s hard to estimate the time, but this piece on the picture maybe took 20 hours to drill, tap, polish and wrap. And I have 2 of them :p

No matter what negative people might think, I love it! I am happy now :)

First I thought of painting the edges white, or wrap them. But it’s difficult. Then I saw, HOLY MOLY white and silver is so extremely good looking together, like INSANE!

I know I know, this project were supposed to be ONLY white with a few black details….. Seems like I have to tend on the rules a bit :/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Agreed. A splash of shiny looks good anywhere.

11. eucalyptus

Oh there you are! You found me. After all this time I have been gone…

Went away for Dreamhack Winter and doing some other stuff. Only worked a few hours there and when I have time, or rather, energy to continue.

Been very sloppy with the updates. Don’t really know what to update either. I believe a new screw isn’t that interesting.

So to keep you interested, to make you believe in this project just like I do.

I will here reveal my secret weapon for this build that caused me A LOT of trouble with my power calculations.

Custom LED rings under my Super mega ultra beaaaaaautifuuuuuuuul 140mm Noiseblocker NB-eloop B14-PS fans.

No Thermaltake fans here which you easily could believe.

Everything is controlled by my phone, can do any color, any mode, EVERYTHING is possible.

There is hundreds of cables to be soldered, this is maybe 2/3 of it, so a lot more to be done. And you can see what a mess it is…

Enjoy the pictures and made a short video in the end.

C’mon, tell me what you think :) I love it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LQVVS-_w_g

12. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I like where this is going. :thumb:

13. eucalyptus

With your builds and extremely amazing skills and perfection in your bag. It really means a lot Nexxo! Thank you so much Sir! :) :D Now I can sleep well tonight ;)

14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Aw, shucks. :blush:

All mods are worthy. And I think that this has the V8 engine feel spot on, especially with that little control panel.

15. jojoharalds

jojoharalds Minimodder

HOLY F*** This is so Awsome!!
    WEll Done so far,keep up the good work :)

16. eucalyptus

Oh, thank you very much Jojoharalds :) :D Thank you so much!

Yeah, it starts to look like something now, the led light really took this build to a new level :p

17. eucalyptus

I appreciate that, makes me happy to hear mad_mic :) :D Very glad you like it! Especially means a lot since it's a scratch build, so every curve and angle, color and materials is designed by myself, so it really means a lot! :) Thank you so much!

18. eucalyptus

Here are a short update :)

Let me start with how I did my cable management for my fans and angel eyes :)

I used Alphacool 16/13mm frosted satin tubing. Super difficult to bend when your silicon rod is 12mm (or 11mm to be exact)… Had to re-do every tube twice -.-

Instead of first doing a 30 degree bend and then a 90, I made small pieces of wood in 30 degrees and used some clips I found in the hardware store to tighten them down.

It was also so tight in the tube so I had to use thin ropes to pull the led light cables through. First thin ropes, then both fan cables and then use the ropes to pull and draw the led cables through…

To not shortcut the angel eyes led ring against the radiators I used some hot glue :)

Also testing my Aquacomputer Dr. Drop air leak tester :) Seems to work fine, but kinda difficult. Not top tier quality as you could expect and the back ventil to empty the air doesn’t work :p

World’s smallest tube? It’s like 5 mm, or no, even less than that :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. eucalyptus

Now to something much more awesome!

If someone doesn’t like it, well then keep it yourself!

I spent HOURS and HOURS using sand paper, files and polishing this piece to it’s best.

I am very proud of my work and what I have accomplish, I love the results as well.

Wanted to get something more of a technical engine/car look. So why not add an display?

Already got 2 of them in my Tristellar to keep an eye on the temperatures in each loop. And since this build won’t be connected to anything/cooling anything it’s unnecessary to connect it to the loop.

So instead this is controlling the temperature of the room. So I always know what the ambient temp is :D But the sensor is kinda broken I think so I will replace it with something better :)

I cut the acrylic myself with a jigsaw and bend the acrylic rod with a heatgun.

To get the awesome effect on the acrylic I used some of the white carbon fiber vinyl on the back. Easier than painting it.. Used hot glue to mount it.

My buddy also said hi, he is so happy after the T-shirts he got from Corsair and Cooler master at Dreamhack :p ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. eucalyptus

Forgot to mention, made a whole photoshoot of ALL Mayhems dyes.

In natural daylight without UV or any photo editing, just pure HQ pictures.

Anytime been confused of what to expect when buying Mayhems dyes?

Well, now you know!

Checkout my imgure link to see all the photos :)

http://imgur.com/a/BTgeB

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]