1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics pin to open cd drawer

Discussion in 'Modding' started by onarahosting, 3 Sep 2005.

1. onarahosting

onarahosting What's a Dremel?

hi, hope this hasn't been covered to death elsewhere :blush:

Someone recently told me that one of the pins at the back of the CD drives could be used to open the drawaer sort of remotely.

Is one of the power pins an opener? It sort of makes sense because the drive will close when the computer is started??

2. c.cam108

c.cam108 Minimodder

You're probibly thinking of a mod done to relocate the button to use the audio out port at the back of the drive. I can't find the guide for it but this is similar. I will have a look later for the one I was thinking of, as it can be used on any drive, not just the one in the guide.

_C

EDIT: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=23443&highlight=button+audio Here is what I was thinking of. Hope that helps!:thumb:

Last edited: 3 Sep 2005
  3. onarahosting

onarahosting What's a Dremel?

thanks, thasts sort of it i guess. It must be what my friend was talkign about. He uses these drives as motors for opening and closing other things (long story) and said he can just send current down a wire and get it to operate.

I wanted to make a motorised door for a box and thought this might be an easy way to do it.

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

AFAIK, there's just extending wires to the actual button. It can be done with software, of course, but I'm 99% sure that's an actual eject command being sent, not just a signal down a specific wire.