1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Play.com non delivery??

Discussion in 'General' started by zukomonitor, 31 Dec 2010.

1. zukomonitor

zukomonitor assumption is the mother of all....

Hi all

I used play.com to buy Crysis, Crysis Warhead and a new mouse for some fps goodness -

Ive never played crysis:jawdrop: lol

anyway's - ordered on 22nd, posted on 23rd and still not here......

what do I do? do I have to wait 21 days to tell them its not arrived?

I need the nano suit!!! lol

cheers

2. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Yes.

3. October

October Mariachi Style

Yeah you wait 21 days, tell them it hasn't come and they send you a new one. Happened to me once, there's absolutely no hassle getting a replacement. Or you might end up with two thanks to the Royal Fail :D I ordered some ram from Play, it was posted on the 22nd and it only arrived yesterday.

4. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Definitely talk to them about it. Delivery around Xmas with RM has been complete **** to be honest but it's 2 weeks late... I also ordered some stuff from Play a while back and they said a week it ago that it had been posted. Still haven't heard anything from them. Giving till Monday otherwise I'll be contacting them for sure.

5. Canon

Canon Reformed

Yeah don't worry I ordered 2 items on the 14th Dec and neither have arrived. I ordered 2 other items on 2nd Dec and had to collect them from an RM depot yesterday.

6. zukomonitor

lol ok cheers

ah right, I knew delivery had been affected with the cold snap, I take it they havn't caught up yet.

oh well, ill just wait:sigh: lol

7. zukomonitor

Royal Fail :D

2x would be nice! lol

8. zukomonitor

Hav'nt figured 'multi quote' yet :duh:

wow thats a wait! how did you find out it was at the RM depot?

Edit: multiquote button is in the corner you donut!

Last edited: 31 Dec 2010
  9. Pieface

Pieface Modder

I got a letter yesterday from National Geographic sent on the 10th December..

10. Canon

Canon Reformed

I was out and RM had tried to deliver it so I got the red sheet in the letterbox telling me it was too big for my letterbox and I was out. If this does happen you just have to wait until the next day and take the red sheet to where it has been left (go to customer enquiries desk) with something like a bank card to show it's yours.

11. October

October Mariachi Style

I've yet to be asked for ID picking up packages, the red sheet's all they ask for. I regularly pick stuff up for my housemate, I even asked if they wanted ID one time :lol:

12. Canon

Canon Reformed

Same, they just take it off me and then repeat the address on the card to me and wish me well on my way out. Thought it be best to quote that though, can imagine it being somebody's misfortune turning up and being asked for ID :blush:

13. sirsiddius

sirsiddius What's a Dremel?

I ordered a copy of galactic civilizations II endless universe on the 14th and it still has not arrived.

14. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

thanks for reminding me never to use play again.

15. Matticus

Matticus ...

No reason not to use Play because of this. Everyone knows that play generally takes longer due to their location, and this has been multiplied due to Royal Mail's inability to function in some areas when there is a light dusting on the ground. I ordered a Mouse on the 18th and it arrived on the 24th.

In fact, I have never had a non delivery or anything take a ridiculously long time from play.com *touch wood*. Though I have had issues with Amazon, and generally dislike their practice of only letting you cancel before it is in the packing stage, yet for some reason the packing stage kicks in 20 minutes after I have placed my order, on a Sunday evening. So no chance to cancel, have to wait for stuff to arrive then send it back :grr:

Edit: Unless of course you have had unrelated problems with Play and used this thread as a way of letting off a little more anger about it. In which case, go nuts... :thumb:

16. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

I don't think I've ever had to wait more than two days for something from Play, even though I order about 10-15 things a year.

17. Prometheus

Prometheus Minimodder

I ordered some books on the 17th Dec and they've not turned up yet other parts of the order have, i'm assuming they are sat in some Royal Mail sorting office somewhere, hopefully they will turn up this week

18. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Play are very good i've ordered loads off them it's delayed because of christmas and the backlog.

Last christmas I ordered a couple of cd's from Zavvi's, I was sure they had got lost in the post so I waited and waited and then to my relief they were delivered.

lol, I saw a poor postman slip and almost fall on his ass he looked at me and said 'bloody weather' :D

Last edited: 3 Jan 2011
  19. zukomonitor

its my first order and tbh im abit dissapointed, no tracking no. all system generated and told to wait for 21 days when I phoned them (today)

I would of been more than happy to pay a delivery charge if I knew I'd get a tracking no. Especially around xmas time with dodgy postmen..... and of course the cold snap......... in this day and age when they say the can predict allsorts including the weather!!!!!!!!! whoever is in charge of the gritting needs a good slap! lol

20. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Posted on 23rd Dec? There have only been 5 working days including the 23rd since then (27th/28th were bank holidays and today it's a bank holiday) so I'm not surprised it's not arrived.

Tomorrow will be working day number 6 six since it was posted and it has been chrsitmas an' all.