1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Plexi glass etched picture frame.. How's it look? Or do i trash and get a dozen roses

Discussion in 'Modding' started by HeyMan, 11 Feb 2003.

1. bHawk

bHawk What's a Dremel?

So how hard is this anyways? Id been wanting to make something like this for my G/F for a while now, i think shed like it, but i have no clue how to start this. Is there a tutorial i can use to get the basics down?

Looks like a fun project.

BTW, it looked like a nice start, though it prolly needed a bit of work.

2. Annon

Annon What's a Dremel?

I think that soon enough every modders girlfriend is going to have one of these!

3. Pflumingo

Pflumingo givem the bird.

About the car Idea. I built a light up hitch receiver.. You know the ones that usually have a brake light... Well, I added the functionality of blinkers as well, in red and blue Ultrabrights... and running lights in green... Looked pretty cool, and a couple of cops in the small towns thought it was pretty cool... problem is I have a lifted Durango, and when you hit the brakes or turned, it would damn near blind anyone driving a riceburner, and the police made me disconnect it. No fun.
    I'll try to dig up a picture of it, but I have to dig deep, I am still recovering from the loss of my 320GB Raid array... Even my main site is down, but my second server is still serving images.

4. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

DUde!!! keep da framE! put the pic in it and attach the back!!! Sara will like the Thought and time spent on it. plus it looks good! I made my g/f a incence burner and she loved it! btw i'm also 16...

I can say if you give it to her she'll say something like. "wow thats amazing! you wanna stick your firmware in my pcb slot?" or something like that... a good job man!!

5. UnLoadeD

UnLoadeD What's a Dremel?

If you wanna smooth out the frosted area of the frame use the little polishing wheels on your dremel. Novus would work best with them but any kind of rubbing compound will do it. BTW I realize today is V-day, but I think you should give it to her. Also the thing about battery/adaptor...you can have a 9v recepticle hooked up to the leds and use a battery or unplug battery and hook up the adaptor with a 9v recepticle spliced to the end of it. Then she would have the option of easily switching if she wanted it to be portable. If you can't get it done in time, give her your other gift today, then later give her this and tell its what you really wanted to give her, but you weren't sure if she'd like it.

peace (and good luck).
    unloaded

PS: Don't forget:
    [​IMG]

muahahahahaha