1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Polygon fail

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HandMadeAndroid, 7 Apr 2010.

1. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

Last edited: 7 Apr 2010
  2. moussekateer

moussekateer What's a Dremel?

As cool as it looks and sounds, the consensus among people who are experts in this stuff seems to be that it's all smoke and mirrors. That the techniques they're using are unpractical for game design and mostly for static models or something like that.

3. HandMadeAndroid

Models in games such as trees and buildings are static. The stuff the guy was saying in the videos seemed pretty convincing to me; I guess I'll have to wait and see.:rolleyes:

4. moussekateer

Seeing as it's a graphics engine, it would have to be able to handle both static and moving objects. Also he never really explains how it works, "It's like Google search" isn't a technical explanation. Coupled with a dodgy looking site and it looks like someone's trying to get funding with grand claims and no real product

5. HandMadeAndroid

You could have a point; oh well onto the next dream!:duh:

6. moussekateer

I'd love it if they made me eat my words though. Crysis 3 with photorealistic graphics running on a P4 at 100fps please :thumb:

7. line2008

line2008 What is this "dremel" you speak of?

yeh not very professional looking website at all. and like moussekateer said, the guy doesn't go into ANY detail at all about how it works. the "unlimited detail" logo does make me chuckle tho...... it wouldn't be hard to create a better logo just spending 10mins in PS

8. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut