1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Post Most Original Mods

Discussion in 'Modding' started by OneSeventeen, 12 Apr 2002.

1. OneSeventeen

OneSeventeen Oooh Shiny!

I think some of the greatest mods are the most original ones.
    Please post your most original mods, including pictures if you can, or links to your site.
    I've personally got nothing so far, other than a windowed hard drive that is now a clock and a standard home DVD player with a window in it.

Post Away!
    -OneSeventeen

GoAhead

2. stewe151

stewe151 Stress Personified

You can see mine here :dude:

3. AW3K

AW3K What's a Dremel?

4. Jordanis3r

Jordanis3r Jigsaw Master

5. unlucky2LUCKY

unlucky2LUCKY What's a Dremel?

anyone care to make a case out of copper?! :idea:

6. Iamgoodyy

Iamgoodyy What's a Dremel?

My modded Labtec speakers:

[​IMG]

7. Tim S

Tim S OG

Both the smart media card, and the cathodebus were my original ideas, I have never seen anyone mount cathode switches on the front before me, and also never seen an SMC modded into the USB on the front of a CM201

linkage to the article is here

an image of the smart media mod....

[​IMG]

8. GunDam

GunDam Minimodder

Ouch !!! Pricey and I'm sure darn heavy !

9. Jordanis3r

Jordanis3r Jigsaw Master

nice biggie!--i was gunna do summit similar on my old 210 but never got around to it:)

gotta decide what to do next hmmmmmmmmm-

v nice idea with the speakers as well btw!!!-

cmon ppl---we got more than this---post em'!

10. japala

japala What's a Dremel?

http://www.metku.net/ Need I say more? Including RottaFlekti and other ... *cough* usefull *cough* and original mods. ;)

11. Tim S

Tim S OG

I've got some ideas for another CoolerMaster... sadly I cant afford the case to start with at the moment :rolleyes:

12. Cool Hand

Cool Hand King of the park

13. OneSeventeen

OneSeventeen Oooh Shiny!

Responses!! WOOHOO

Thanks everyone so far for responding!
    I've got a few dumb ideas, all original, but nothing innovative and productive.
    I have one of those old analogue phones, the kind you would have previously taken off the hook and placed on top of your modem! (for all you BBS surfers from the 80's & before! *moment of silence for ANSI Graphics*)

I've thought of using one as a case, similar to cappacino PCs (spelling?) as can be seen at www.thinkgeek.com

I'm also modding a Hewlett Packard case soon, which I don't think anyone has done yet.

I'll post pics as it happens

-OneSeventeen

GoAhead

14. therider

therider What's a Dremel?

I must be blind i've seen this image before of the SMC mod. I cant see what i'm looking at. It just looks like a usb port and some purple light. Have you got/done an article on it with more pix?

ride

15. scoob8000

scoob8000 Wheres my plasma cutter?

I wanna see a chrome plated case, maybe with some gold accents.. bling bling baby.. :)

-scoob8000

16. Tim S

Tim S OG

As yet... there isn't much on the rest of the SMC mod article wise, however things are moving along slowlyish on the article, due to my coursework demands at the moment. But basically that front USB port should have 2 USB ports there... in that picture there is only one... I have cut out the 2nd USB port and modded in a smart media card reader, after removing it from its casing... its a very simple mod, as long as you watch the delicate cables on the card reader. Also the remaining USB port is there as a dummy, with me using my preferred rear usb ports it just makes it look a little neater :)

17. OneSeventeen

OneSeventeen Oooh Shiny!

New Project!

I've finally got an actual project I'll be doing over the next few weeks, and if I can find a digital camera, I will post the progress. I have an old case from the 80s that opens like a car hood using two silver latches on the side. (also could be compared to a suitcase, I guess)
    I'm going to mod it to fit my Athlon 900 in it, while keeping the old look, and adding a few features/cooling techniques/etc.
    The goal will be making a retro case that looks nice and performs.

-OneSeventeen

GoAhead

18. unlucky2LUCKY

i have an odd placement for quite a few things in my case i'm currently working on... i don't wanna blow it by saying just yet as i'm in a modding contest as of now... been keeping it a secret till a couple days ago, but seeing as how this is a larger audience i'd rather keep a lid on it until i get some pics of the finished product... believe me, you'll like it! i've got some opinions from some friends of mine who are more experienced and the love the ideas... :baby:

19. ido

ido What's a Dremel?

it's been done by cold dog...check out the pheaton forums for the worklog...it's probably still there. He was even on the news since his design was shown at the Intel Developer Forum (i think it was that one)

20. unlucky2LUCKY

sweet... how about someboddy make something to turn their plain ol ccfl into a sound sensitive one? i've seen the sound sensitive ones at PC Case Gear, but i wonder how much work would be required to make it sound sensitive yourself... someone care to try and make a tutorial of it? (hint, hint, hint!) :D