1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Post your headphones setup!

Discussion in 'General' started by TempGong, 30 Dec 2009.

1. TempGong

TempGong What's a Dremel?

I searched the forums and I didn't see any other thread about headphones. It's always interesting to see the headphone setup of the audiophiles (or not) around here. So yeah, you may begin.

2. Akkatha

Akkatha *SCREECH!* /run away.

I just run a cheap pair of Sennheisers out on my Mbox2 pro/003+ depending on what comp I'm using for general purpose listening. The money that was supposed to be spent on a decent pair of mixing headphones went on a pair of KRK Rokit 6's instead :D

I also use DT100's for tracking.... but so does everyone heh.

3. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Two pairs of Sennheiser PC350s, one at home, the other at work. They get the job done.

4. skunkmunkey

skunkmunkey Minimodder

Main phones are Sennheiser HD 650s and travel pair are sennheiser IE7s

5. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

My Senn HD650s:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/45972730@N03/4228969533/

My AKG k701s:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/45972730@N03/4229736846/

The headphones plus my amp (LD MKIII):
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/45972730@N03/4229736190/

I've left my HD555s at uni (excellent headphone by the way). Planned upgrades for headphones are new earbuds for portable sound (not amped) and I'm looking at getting some beyerdynamic DT880s.
    My dream list are some top end Ultimate Ears, beyerdynamic T1 and a pair of 'stats - all of which would cost well over a grand.

6. Matticus

Matticus ...

Interested in the durability of senn headphones, as every pair of earphones I or anyone in my family have owned have broken far too soon.

7. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Depends how much you spend - I had some HD515s that were dodgy, the driver is clipped in to a piece of plastic that screws to the rest of the earcup (this is similar on all the HD5xx range, apart from the HD580 AFAIK) - this was prone to falling out at points so you have a loose driver. Easy to put right though and this only happens after a hard drop.

Higher end models haven't suffered this fate so far, HD555s are perfect for taking **** and being comfortable and even my CX300s haven't broken yet.
    Basically they're difficult to break.

8. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Set of HD555's also, more than good enough for me still in one piece and they are basically used daily and have been for over two years now . They spend most of there life plugged into the computer instead of speakers.

9. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

I use HD465s for most things, they're comfortable, affordable and have lasted me ages with no problems - I even went travelling with them.

My bro' got me a pair of HD280 pros for Crimbo. They're monitoring headphones for my turntables. I haven't used them much but they've been awesome so far :)

Then I use PMX70s for running/hitting the gym. The sound isn't great, and they can be a little uncomfortable for extended use but they're light and water resistant and get the job done.

Man, I have way too many Sennheiser headphones :p

10. skunkmunkey

skunkmunkey Minimodder

My 595s I had previously went wrong twice so I replaced them with the 650's Only moan I have with those is that if you remove the cable from the speaker it then becomes loose and can stop the sound coming from that ear. I had to warranty mine for that reason. Had the new pair over a year and they are as good as the day I bought them. The thing is though Senns support is amazing, they collected them via courier and sent out the new pair the same day!

My IE7s I got almost a year ago and they have been perfect.

11. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Sennheiser 595s here.

I used to use Sennheiser earphones as well, but always found them a bit on the bassy side and were a quite flimsy so I switched to Shure ones instead.

12. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I have a set of Sennheiser EH2200. Nice sound. The connector at the set did develop a bad connection after some hard use. I just cut of the connector and soldered on the cable instead. :)

13. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

No pic as they're in storage at the moment - But for pc use I have some el cheapo Logitechs, and for hi-fi use a pair of Stax Gamma Electrostatics...Will post pictures up when I get them out the box!

RwD

14. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Sony MDR-CD9000ST.

Have to import the things :/

15. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

Roland RH-50

For games and music. Comfortable and they sound alright, although I can't remember why I chose them.

16. Zener Diode

Zener Diode User Title

I got Sennheiser HD555's today. I'm just warming them up with some Led Zeppelin, Neil Young and Bob Dylan. I like what I hear, and I think they will sound even better in a few days. I still haven't gotten around to buying a souncard, I'll get one soon I hope.

17. Fisher.

Fisher. partially impartial

[​IMG]

Speedlink Medusa 5.1 + Amp. Push-button switch between 2 inputs and 2 outputs, all 5.1 compatable. Super comfortable, absurdly long cord.

18. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

+1

19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

[​IMG]

Pair o' Wireless Sennheisers RS110 .... I need another pair.. After 3 years of daily useage, they are starting to wear a little.

20. BenK

BenK Minimodder

Been through two pairs of these and they've both broken. Now using a pair of Audio Techinca ATH-A900s for gaming and music on the PC. I find it so much easier to place where enemies are in games just by sound with the A900s than with the 5.1 medusas that I just can't see the point of 5.1 in a pair of headphones.

Using a pair of Yuin PK3s hooked up to a Rio karma for on-the-go music.