1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Potential eBay scammer?

Discussion in 'General' started by smc8788, 6 May 2010.

1. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Yeah thats the way i do it, if i get a bid from a sub 10 bidder i always send a message first i give them a day to reply, if i get a strange/no reply then i cancel the bid. If i get a sub10 on the last day of an auction i cancel it without any message.

It may seem harsh but im not going to be messed about, and its a pain in the arse waiting for a payment that isnt coming, then having to relist it.

My general rule is no sub10 bids, and payment within 2 days. I send the items as soon as i have the payment. simples

2. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Actually, Paypal ALWAYS sides with the buyer.

+1 to only sending the item once the money is in your bank account.

3. October

October Mariachi Style

A lot of times stuff I bid on has a disclaimer at the bottom of the listing saying bidders with less than 10 feedback will be cancelled unless contact is made before bidding. Gets you out of any hassle with people wondering why their bid was cancelled for no apparent reason :thumb:

4. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Ive actually had a couple of decisions go my way as a seller. That was a few years ago though so they may have tightened up.

But i had a dispute last week over a car headlight that got smashed in transit, It was perfectly fine when i sent it but the buyer claimed it was damaged, I went through the dispute process covering my side by stating that shipping insurance was offered, but the buyer declined to take it.

Ebay found in favour of neither of us, and refunded me my fees, and the buyers payment, from their own pockets. So all was good except id lost a item, but atleast i wasnt paying for it.