1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning power consumption advice

Discussion in 'Modding' started by kim, 28 May 2019.

1. kim

kim hardware addict

Hi guys...
    I am planning an ITX build, with a Ryzen 5 2600x, on a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi, and a "undecided yet" graphic card but not a monster, 16gb of ram and a M2 SSD.
    I have already have a TFX psu from Bequiet, this one:
    [​IMG]
    it delivers 300 Watts, I think it is enough power for this build, but what you guys think about it ?

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

It'd probably be fine for something like a GTX 1660

3. kim

kim hardware addict

thanks man, I've just payed a visit, they're showing a build based on the Ryzen 5 2600x, it refers 379 watts of estimated wattage, but they put a RTX 2060, a HDD, a much bigger MB, so I'm pretty sure it requires a lot more power than my ITX config and what I aim for the GPU...
    yeah, exactly the price/power segment I'm planning, I was thinking about the
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Mini ITX OC, given with a low power consumption ratio...
    [​IMG]
    hope my PSU will do the job...:rollingeyes:

4. kim

kim hardware addict

ohh :thumb: thank you very much mate, I guessed I had to use their system builder to get an accurate result, but I went to work not long after writing this; I just came back, and I'm very happy to discover it done :grin:, so I might be underpowered with my Bequiet :sigh:...too bad, I don't know if I can find much powerful SFF PSU, I was planning a very small form factor build, and that one was perfect size to fit the build...anyway, thank you again for your time and advices.

5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

This is what you're after. Tiny and enough power for your needs. Expensive though, but ITX does stray back into the expensive zone.

6. kim

kim hardware addict

Thanks a lot Jeff...that's a very cute little case, and the PSU looks so tiny yes, but the point is to build my own case of course :grin:
    Well, AFAIK, it means the PSU dimentions are 100 x 125 x 63 mm, but if SFF certainly means Small Form Factor, I wonder what the "X" means...:rollingeyes:
    Thanks to you...Pete, this is exactly what I'm after, just a pity I baught this Bequiet too fast, that's what we can consider as an "hardware addict weakness" :grin:

7. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

We all do it, just get too itchy a trigger finger! At least it's not a big loss! Keep it for the future or plonk it for sale!

Those PSU's currently go upto 650W and they just announced a 750W one I believe.

8. kim

kim hardware addict

:D It relieves me...I'm not the only hardware addict :rolleyes:
    otherwise, you're right, I'll just keep it for another build...it was a discount selling anyway, not a big deal...
    great to learn we can purchase some 650/750W ones; no lack of power with a small form factor :thumb:

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  9. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

The whole reason I got into full watercooling was to make upgrading too much of a PITA so I would stop wanting to buy more stuff!!! :p

10. kim

kim hardware addict

I'm affraid there's no cure for my addiction :cool:, some people ask me: why having several computers?... I reply, well, it's like a classic car collector...exept that classic cars value mostly increases with time, whilst PC value decreases :D, yet, I keep on buying and drooling on new hardware purchases :)

11. kim

kim hardware addict

Haha, excellent...:D that's one way...quoting @Jeff Hine