1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other power monitor plugs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bsp, 17 Feb 2018.

1. bsp

bsp Minimodder

Any reccomendations for power monitoring plugs?

I'm having a bit of difficulty as it looks like the market is saturated with them.

Pros would be backlight and good viewing angles as the devices I want to check are in a bit of an awkward position.

Last edited: 17 Feb 2018
  2. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Are you into any home smart tech? I'm pretty sure the Belkin and Samsung ones show power consumption running through them in the Samsung smartphone hub interface.

Saves having to read them in awkward places and you can set yourself notifications etc

bsp likes this.
  3. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

I am using a TP-Link Kasa smart plug (beware there is a non-power version so pick the right one) its pretty good, it connects to your wifi network and displays the power on an Android or iOS app, plus setting the bios to switch on after power failure means I can hard reset my computer remotely if I need to. It is decent!

4. bsp

bsp Minimodder

Nothing really smart at the moment I'm afraid. Dumb stuff is probably a bit more helpful right now as J don't think I have the resources to buy into a new ecosystem.

5. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

no eco system required, the kasa smart plug does not require a hub, connects via wifi. Just need a plug, wifi and a smartphone.

bsp likes this.
  6. bsp

bsp Minimodder

Awesome!
    Thanks.