1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 'Pre-owned games worse than piracy'

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Warrior24_7, 14 May 2010.

1. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Yes fine but if it's illegal then why are second hand games available from major stores such as Game?

2. October

October Mariachi Style

Consoles don't have to accept an agreement to start playing. Why do you think Game have no second hand PC games?

(I know it's also the virus thing but my point still stands)

3. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Virus? You're not gonna write a virus to the disc and give it back, thats pretty hard to do...

I think its more the agreement and the fact the serial key is registered to the online account that most games require now-a-days :(

4. October

October Mariachi Style

Yeah maybe it was always the license...not sure why but I always assumed it was cos they thought you might tamper with the disk or something... :lol:

Online account not so much, I've assumed this for a loooong time.

5. Gh0stDrag0n

Gh0stDrag0n Unleash the Beast!

I think the reasons there are no second hand PC games are drm, cd/dvd burners, cracks....
    With "legal" consoles the disk is required to play, not so with the PC.

IMO the big publishers/developers will eventually price themselves out of business and the little guys will take their place. It's a never ending circle. They will place the blame on everything but their business practices (piracy, pre owned sales, "bad seeds" in the development end...)
    Remember everyone this is a multi billion dollar market, just like Governments everywhere the more zeros after the first number there are the further away form reality those in control become.