1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Print Server Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by leber, 23 Dec 2004.

1. leber

leber What's a Dremel?

Hey Guys see if you can figure this out. I have a d link dp-301u usb print server. The machine I'm printing from is a windows xp pro. It will print once fine, but the print queue will not clear out. It's status is 'printed - deleting' the queue will remain this way until the machine is restarted. I have other print servers on this network and they work fine. Oh ya I've tried updating the firmware

Please sound off with any ideas as I have tried about everthing and cannot get this thing working.

thanks
    - leber

2. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

I could be completely wrong - but try disabling print spooler (admin tools>services?) as I had to do that for mine.

3. leber

leber What's a Dremel?

hey thanks for the reply, it turns out that the print server is working fine, except when i use it with a crappy dell printer. I removed and destroyed the printer, and all works fine.

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Funny, I wouldn't think a destroyed printer would work that well....:hehe:

5. scoob8000

scoob8000 Wheres my plasma cutter?

Little inspiration from office space? :)

Did the printer connect via USB? If not, some printers require bi-directional lpt ports and not all print servers have them.. If thats the case, the printer may print but not have anyway to communicate back to the computer that printing is done..

Tags: