1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Private Healthcare in the UK

Discussion in 'General' started by rK@NE, 27 Jun 2004.

1. rK@NE

rK@NE Rover's gonna get it...

I've been meaning to do this for a while now (since a close friend of mine died of cancer)
    I don't really have much faith in our beloved NHS so I'm looking to get some kind of comprehensive health cover and I was just wondering if anyone here has private health insurance and what the premium is like, what sort of cover etc...

2. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Hey, I'm Private, with PPP on a family plan, £150 each month, no excess, past claims not in concideration... but that's only cause we were on a group plan through my Father's work in which there was somehting like a £100 excess but not bad, especially as I've had several eye ops and each time has been great, even when in an NHS hospital, usually get in same week, they always think you're an emergancy case but really you're just private (warning though... nhs patients tend to hate you for it.) and as the ops are usually just £800 for the aneasthetic alone it works out well

3. rK@NE

rK@NE Rover's gonna get it...

I got quoted for PPP Premier plan and it was only £24 a month with no excess, I found that quite reasonable :)

4. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

aye it's 150 or 100 for us can't remember too well

but private health insurance is deffinately something worth having