1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with ATX on Max2

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Boggy, 8 Mar 2003.

1. Boggy

Boggy New Member

i have had this probel with my abit max 2 board since i got it the atx connector on my 300w psu dosent fit propery in the mb plug so it has to be jammed in at an angle to get it to work but, i dont thinkt hat all the contacts are touching so i cant play any games as computer freezes up, i have ordered a new psu and it is on its way but i fear that this new one will not fir either!!!
    i wanna play quake on my new computer!!! argh:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

2. pheonix

pheonix Toot Toot!

You have to tell us what the make of the old PSU was. It wasn't from a dell machine was it?

3. Boggy

Boggy New Member

nope from a standard £30 computer fair case and it worked with my old motherboard fine!
    weired

4. Cool Chip

Cool Chip New Member

Iv got the Max2 mobo and im useing a Thermaltake Pure power 420watt with no problems.

5. Boggy

Boggy New Member

i have ordered some P.O.S from ebay for £32 its a 550W but i cant remeber what brand! Doh

6. pheonix

pheonix Toot Toot!

7. Boggy

Boggy New Member

Sorted got my new psu today and it fits perfectilty, but i still dont understand why the old one didnt fir, because it fitted in my old p3 motherboard fine? :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :confused: :confused:
    dont care anymore i can play games again! Yay
    W0000000000000000000000000T©