1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with XP1600 + MSI KT3 Ultra mobo

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fraze, 14 Apr 2002.

1. Fraze

Fraze Minimodder

i've installed 2 different xp1600 cpu's into this mobo - and when it boots its stuck at 1040mhz - i cant change the multiplier cos the chip isnt unlocked...but if i try changing the FSB in wont even post - anyone have an idea why? do i need to update the BIOS on the mobo? I cant get another mobo - cos this is a system build for someone else & its all came in a bundle

thanks for any suggestions

2. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

I would look @ your memory, if you can only have 1 stick in. If that doesn't work try a different brand another thing to check is you psu upto the job?

3. Fraze

Fraze Minimodder

psu isnt a problem - im running a chieftec 340w. And the memory is 256mb of Twinmos 2100 DDR - i have tried this mobo with Kingmax memory & the exact same thing happened....so im going to try updating the bios & see if that helps...

Anyone else?

4. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

whoa dude that sucks....
    i had a prob starting an XP with my soltek SL75KAV and so we took it back, they upgraded the bios, it still didn't work... and they tried something else, and the whole MB fried

hehe
    and then they gave us a new one, and finally it worked