1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Baby Bliss :: Part Two :: On Hold Till Mid May :: 4/23/04

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by my58vw, 10 Apr 2004.

1. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

I think that having the logo in the case somewhere would bring the theme of the case together. It is still up for debate and I do not have to add it. I think it looks nice in real life though. When a panel is laser cut there is no need to flame polish as the laser does it as it is cutting.

Any more ideas?

2. technomancer

technomancer What's a Dremel?

Would the logo panel be on the top, side, or what?

3. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

that panel is the peice that covers the drives in the picture above. (there is only one attached to the pic as shown, it will go on the non MB side and the one on the MB side will be dual vents with no writing, or maybe a bit-tech cut of something like that. the B in the baby will be down and the Bliss will be up so the writting will go from the bottom to the top. I plan on backlighting the logo so it will shine through the window, simular to the cdrom window on the bliss unleashed project, only cut in the plexi.

I will try to get a pic as a pic is 1000 words of my substandard explaination. I hope that you can understand it. The peice is in the right oroentation in the pic right now so look at the earlier pic of the inner structure and you can see where the peice is really located.

Last night I set up the VFT again and it is working, I am now designing the bracket for it so that can go to laser cutting too. The fan controller is almost done, just needs to be painted. I plan on doing much of the fabrication to the top and side panels before the parts go to laser cutting so when I get them back they will be ready to install and the case almost finished. I also have pics of the new buttons and I can say they are really nice. I plan on not having a power light as the last LED will be for the SCSI drives that I am planning to have mounted in the lower part of the case... yah! another thing to design a fab.

I hope to have more pics tonight. More later.

Until Next Time... Keep Modding ! :dremel:

4. technomancer

Cool, I follow what you're saying. I'll reserve any comments until I see what the actual panel looks like as it's hard to tell how it will really look from the Sketchup figures. :D

Sounds cool. I'll look forward to more pics, as always.

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my SGI Octane case at the moment. It should be there when I get home from work. Things are slowly starting to come together in my my mind as far as what I want to do to it. :dremel:

Using the Octane case meant scrapping all of my original plans, but actually finding a case/chasis at a good price on ebay was too much to pass up :D

5. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Hello Bit-tech...

I have been asked to so an mp3 server for a friend that has to be done by May 15th. Do to that I am going to be putting this case on hold for a short time (until then) so I can work on that case in the time until then.

I am currently working on the cad drawings of the parts and I want to take my time as the process of cutting the parts will take quite a bit of time. I will post if I come up with any new ideas, I plan on doing a few things to the case before then but I will post when I can.

This project is not being abandoned but only temporaly being put on hold for a while.

More as soon as I can. Watch for a new project log as soon as I can have it done.

Until next time... keep modding

6. technomancer

Too many projects, too little time. Stroy of my life. Good luck on the mp3 server.