1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Big is king

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Napster, 6 Jan 2007.

1. Napster

Napster What's a Dremel?

To start i must say. im word blind. and my speling is not the best. im a swedish dude =) well now lets start the :dremel:

Well some people do remember me as the builder of Project The Thing. and that´s was about my biggest build. buth i´m not a big great modder=)

around the begin of summer 2006 my world was crashed. my watercooling failed. the waterchil´s tubefiting was start to leak and my computer got water all over it. well that was what i was belive. stopped with watercooling and around here all was going bad. i clean the chassi. buth the chieftec chassi was not stable. my btw converting was not the best and the computer was not safe to use so a old aopen fulltower was used. well my dremel copy was screaming to be used. and right about here the true story of the watercooling get forward. it was not the fitings that was the killer of my watercooling system. it was the plexi block that was. the plexi was cracked. and right about here my computer scream cool me with water. it was in december 2006 my plans started to get a peper and draw alot buth i coulden find a god way to get the water cooling in the aopen chassi. right about here. a my sisters boyfriend asked me if i was intressted in 2 p3 1 ghz and a amd with duall 2000+ m. i say free computer is allways free and i was over to get them. this was the best day of my life. i got 3 chieftec miditowers. so this is about when the plan i hope going to be complete started.

okey the system is not going to be the best. i going to use my old setup. p4 2.8 1 gb ram. 2 hardrives. gforce 6600gt and some other stuff.

this is the main plan of the computer.
    [​IMG]

do some one remember this?
    [​IMG]
    well that hairy beast may r.i.p becase the only that´s left of it is a 18 cm box=) yes the box that going to have all watercooling parts is the left overs of my old chieftec matrix.

this is where i am right now. i got the main box complete. some cut here and there. to put the computer in the box.
    [​IMG]

yepps the doors of the chassi is on and it´s looing sweet.=)
    [​IMG]

okey here is the stuff i going to be use as i know right now.
    The Tank. it´s old compresor part to clean the air from water. well it´s now going to be the tank of the system=)
    the Cpu, Gpu and chipset is from zalman and i got them from a friend 500 sek. not bad=) the pump im going to be use is a hydor l20. i also going to be use a mitron pump controller. (Start the pump when computer start) the relay board is going to be moddified buth more of that later.
    [​IMG]
    right about now the project waits for money in my pocket. i still missing. some fittings. buth im trying to get as muth done as i can with the stuff i have=)

edit=) well to get an idé of how big it´s going to be i got my 65 cm tall blade in teh front [​IMG]

Last edited: 6 Jan 2007
  2. thingamajig

thingamajig What's a Dremel?

That thing is huge :jawdrop: That res will really give the case a nice industrial look. Keep up the good work.

3. Napster

Napster What's a Dremel?

yeah big is king=) i hate small things. becase i allways forgets were they are. then i get my self a bigger case..=)

i hope i could start with the front of the case buth.. i just have time to work like from like 11 to around 19.00 then it´s to dark.. yeah i work outside:p in sweden it´s no snow(thank god for that) so i can work outside and i waiting fore somestuff i ordered:D 4 x 80 mm alu fans and 2 x 120 mm alu fans. from cooltek 19 db:D

4. zhangmaster12

zhangmaster12 What's a Dremel?

why zalman blocks?

5. Napster

Napster What's a Dremel?

only becase i got them cheap. and i not search for a supercooling. just a computer that doesen´t have the same sound as a metal workshop

i got a name for the project=) Big is king

6. NysoO

NysoO Handcrafted

Lookin' good! keep it going man! and make this serious :)

7. hellas91

hellas91 What's a Dremel?

The reservoir is very nice!

The pump is an hydor seltz?

8. Napster

Napster What's a Dremel?

Thanx NysoO=)

yes it´s a hydor a hydor l20.. buth maye it´s going to be his big bro l30.

9. V3ase

V3ase What's a Dremel?

Nice , i have the same idea, but my BIG tower will be 110 cm high

10. eegg

eegg What's a Dremel?

nice waiting to see :)

11. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

Looks nice!

12. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

Looking great! (and huge :))
    all on the kitchen table lol

13. kylelnsn

kylelnsn What's a Dremel?

lol on the top and extremly large!

14. JAxen

JAxen What's a Dremel?

Aint no picys for me D:

15. eegg

eegg What's a Dremel?

me too

16. Dustin

Dustin What's a Dremel?

no pictures here either,i really wanna see whats so big :)