1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. -Enforcer-5716M4

-Enforcer-5716M4 What's a Dremel?

Nice :thumb: But where did you get/borrow that laser?

2. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

mmmmmmmm the hardware looks good, but i have a qeustion, where or what is "Slaughter house 5"

3. tmod

tmod What's a Dremel?

Why don't you ask google? ;)

BTW the red window etches look amazing, I'm really looking forward to the finished product. :hip:

4. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

All I can say is wow! Modsquad I don't think you really did this. Perhaps I should send you my V1000 and you could repeat the process and prove it to me. :D No, seriously, your work is awesome. :clap:

Question...How did you mount your pump? There is very little room underneath for the screws. Did you use rivets? Might you have any pics showing how you did it?

Last edited: 10 Sep 2004
  5. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

This may be what you were looking for?

[​IMG]

You were looking for a red gpu cooler a few posts back. This guy has one. I saw this looking through the gallery of the German site Kaltmacher.de. From what I could gather the users name who posted the pic is TarNunG.

6. tmod

tmod What's a Dremel?

^^^ That GPU cooler comes with the card though. It isn't available retail.

7. StonieX

StonieX What's a Dremel?

8. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Question...How did you mount your pump? There is very little room underneath for the screws. Did you use rivets? Might you have any pics showing how you did it?[/QUOTE]

I used the stock mounting FMJ shock absorbers pictured at the bottom of the shot of the pump/FMJ
    [​IMG]
    then used four of these rubber gromets under the pump
    [​IMG]

"Just enough" room. I put the PSU in to show you (please excuse the tape on the unit, would not want to scratch it).
    [​IMG]

Hope that helps. Are you going to mount a Full Metal Jacket in the same area? Thanks for the picture. I was at some German web store and it looks like Innovatek is selling red and green plexi replacement plates for my video card cooler, that could be what that dude has. But not available in the US (yet) I need to send Scott at HighSpeed PC an email and see if he has any information. Getting Innovatek or Aqua-Computer gear in the States is not EZ. I did get my Innovatek FOM (LCD Display). I will get some pictures of it uploaded tonight.

Last edited: 15 Sep 2008
  9. Carbon

Carbon Banned

Shame about all the delays, hope you get them sorted

10. modsquad

You have to take the good with the bad Carbon. I now understand it may be another 4 weeks before I see any of my Aqua-Computer stuff. That is not really a problem. I still have alot of work to do before I have a working computer (I have yet to even purchase the CPU;Memory and VideoCard). The issue is being sure I will get the equipment,and at this point I am not sure. So, I am working on "back-up" options for a few items.
    Honestly I could have put together an all Danger Den or Swiftech water cooling system without jumping through the hoops I am now. Don't get me wrong both DD and Swiftech make wonderful equipment, BUT to me the German h20 stuff is much more "sexy" than the American gear.

I will get those Innovatek LCD pictures uploaded tonight. O by the way all the instructions for the display are in German (another hoop).

11. StonieX

StonieX What's a Dremel?

hey modsquad, where are you from? I know the problems with getting his stuff from anywhere very good (Techflex sleevings).

If anybody from europe needs some stuff I could help maybe. Some friends of me have a company in Austria and sell watercooling and modding stuff, they would export too ;)

12. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

I found a way to mount my Evo 360 rad uptop and did something a little differnt than you did with my AquaTube. As a result I do not want the FMJ to block my view of my "purdy" cpu block.

Like you, I am waiting on an Aquero. I am also waiting on the Aquastream 2.0 pump. In my old system (Li Li PC-75) I was using the Eheim 1048 w/ a P4 3.2EE running rock solid at 4G's without a FMJ. So, I am going to see how my system runs in the V1000. If I have problems I may try the FMJ.

I really hope the stuff doesn't take another 4 weeks to come in. I am already having withdrawls. Yesterday I even pulled out the PS2. I really want to play the new Black Hawk Down and it is so hard looking at my puter' knowing I can't do anything until I get my parts in. :sigh:

Thanks for the picks BTW. That helps. I have these thick rubber/plastic washers that I bought from Home Depot that I am going to try to rivet into place. I may even try Velcro? I really want to see how quite it is first.

13. modsquad

Do you have any pictures of your machine ShoNuff, I would like to see it!

14. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

I heard you mention that you had some extra carbon fiber trim around. I think that would look great over the blue plexi in your waterblock.

15. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

pics, I got pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see I still have a lot of work to do.

I am going to replace the 90's coming off of the AquaTube with some 45's that should work better there. I also have a green LED that will go into the AquaTube. Other than the window which I am working on now, I am just waiting on my gear from SNTsystems.

16. modsquad

I like it!! Cool idea for your res!! Why no project log dude!! Let's see, Project Green Hornet??????

17. modsquad

GigantoR, that is a good idea. I will try it tonight. Thanks!

18. modsquad

Innovatek LCD Display

OK Guy's here is a look at the Innovatek Fan-O-Matic (FOM) blue variant LCD. The unit is very well built, and not surprisingly looks very much like the Aqua-Computer model. Instructions all in German (O-Boy)...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The FOM has 4 fan channels (adjustable between 7-12 volt) and 6 temperature probe connections which can work in conjunction with each other. In other words you can set a fan channel voltage to increase when a temperature (read by a probe) rises to a predefined temperature. I will have a temp. probe in the reservoir and another inline before the radiator.

[​IMG]
    here is a picture of the flow meter. It will give me a Litres per minute flow rate via the FOM's display.

The unit uses the serial port to comunicate with the computer (I was a little suprised Innovatek would be using the com port, most other LCD's now use USB). But I have a serial connection on my MB and no other use for it so no big thing. You can also set-up the FOM to shut down the computer if it reaches a predefined temperature.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The units 2x20 LCD looks very good and more importantly I will be able to screen the blue display into black/red by making a red acrylic front plate.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will need to paint the aluminum front panel black (or just purchase one, should be in stock at the end of the month). The Innovatek software does not work with MBM, but I have two LCD software packages that are said to work in conjunction with the Innovatek software and will take advantage of MBM (jaLCD and LCDmaX). I will give them a test drive and see.
    All in all I think it is a very cool unit and I can now focus my attention on the front panel
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 15 Sep 2008
  19. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

I like that flow meter. It appears to be better than the Aqua-Computer (AC) one. The AC unit is "U" shaped and would appear to inhibit flow rates. The pass through model seems to be much better. :thumb:

Last edited: 11 Sep 2004
  20. modsquad

Aqua computer makes VERY GOOD stuff. I am sure there flow meter is well designed. Honestly I like AQ gear, but it is an availability issue. The Innovatek equipment is a little easer to get (they had 2 of these in stock when I ordered), but once out of stock it could be months before more arrive from Germany. So I felt the need to get one while I could. I want to keep moving forward on BN.
    I still have my AQ Aquaero VFD on order (9 weeks and counting), if I get it "even-better" it does everything the Innovatek FOM does and is an VFD instead of LCD. If I don't the Innovatek is a very good "second runner-up".

Last edited: 11 Sep 2004