1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Project: 'Der_Meister'. Sketchups...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by jokkos, 26 Sep 2005.

1. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

hi guys,

I'm going to build myself a custom case, it will be in aluminium (2mm thick, silver and black), with accents in UV plexi and mesh. The case will have a Rammstein-theme (German metal band, for those of you that don't know them. Work with fire and light a lot in their shows). By the way, the name of the case 'Der_Meister' translates to 'The_Master' in English, it's the title of one of my most favorite Rammstein-songs.

Anyway, I wanted to present some designs, I'm currently about ready with the inside.

case dimensions will be:
    width: 33cm including bolts (about 13")
    heigth: 57cm including feet (about 22.5")
    depth: 55cm (about 22")

*please only comment about the inside design that is shown on the following pics, I have to work on the outside. The side panels are not shown for clarity, there will of course be a window in the one on the side of the mainboard. Also, the form of the case is a result of the maximum space I can free on my desk, so it cannot be any larger than this*

Et voilà, a first pic showing the front and the mobo side:
    [​IMG]

I still have to design the bottom panel on the front side, it will contain all the switches, front usb ports etc. The right side of the front (which is now plain black) will have the Rammstein-logo + name of the case in blue UV plexi and some lighting :rock:

I'll come back to the cage-thing in the front bottom in a minute.

System specs are:

Asus p4p800 deluxe mainboard with p4 2.8c CPU
    1 GB of OCZ pc3200 platinum ram
    Asus Geforce 6600GT AGP
    Super Flower 500 Watt plug-in power supply
    Maxtor 80GB+160GB hard discs
    Sound Blaster Audigy
    Optical drives

Here's another sketch of the mobo side:
    [​IMG]

Now, you're probably wondering where the hard drives will go, right? Well, they will be in a closed-off section that will be sound-damped as much as possible. This section will be at the backside of the mobo, see next sketch:

[​IMG]

The hard drives are enclosed in Silentmaxx HD-silencers, which are the size of a 5.25" device. The hard drive section is cooled by a 80mm fan blowing air in at the bottom rear, at the top of the section there will be mesh to let out the air, which is shown in the next sketch:

[​IMG]

There are some things to do on the case design before I can start with the final design for the outside:
    -) I'm seriously considering doing the PS1 LCD mod (connecting to VGA-port and 12V from the power supply). After a lot of reading, I'm pretty sure I can pull it off. But since I have an nVidia card, I'll probably need to buy a PCI-video card, right? The matrox mystique is cheap enough, so no worries there :D
    -) if I include the PS1 LCD, I need to make the bottom panel on the front side smaller (it's now roughly the size of 4x 5.25 bays, like the panel at the top, which contains the opticals and floppy). The LCD will be put in between the two 'panels'
    -) need to add a cage in mesh and plexi that goes in the inside of the case and covers the wiring coming out of the bottom front panel

But most important: I want to watercool this case. This is what the cage-thing at the inside front of the case is for: it will house the pump.

Last edited: 29 Sep 2005
  2. jokkos

since I live in Belgium, drool on made-in-germany stuff and money grows from the three in my backyard (lol I wish), I'll go for Aqua-Computer stuff all the way. Or almost all the way, I'll use some Innovatek stuff as well (mainly tubing and fittings, also the flowmeter).

3. jokkos

:waah: 75 views but no replies :sigh:

where are all those watercooling experts around here...any help would be appreciated since I'm a wc noob!

4. jokkos

well I decided to include a psone lcd to the front, otherwise there would be this big empty space :D

anyway, bought everything that I need on ebay:
    -psone lcd (duh!)
    -sony car adapter, so I can fit it to the psu
    -VGA connector + cabling

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

They are probably hanging out in the Extreme Cooling forum, which is where you need to post your watercooling questions.

For more Aqua-Computer specific questions, may I also recommend Wizard Designs Forums which is filled with a bunch of helpful watercooling enthusiasts with a particular expertise in that make.

6. jokkos

hmm that explains a lot :wallbash:

anyway I did already post in the Wizard forums and got the replies I needed, so I guess I'm okay

Edit: but since you can never get enough opinions about something you're not an expert in, I'll post it in the extreme cooling as well. thanks Nexxo!