1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Doge Haus

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by MLyons, 27 Feb 2023.

1. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

So as most of you will have seen I finally got a house the end of last week and as I'll be doing a lot of stuff to it I've decided to document what I'll be doing. I've also set up an album on the forums so that the images I use here are only visible to members.

I've always enjoyed reading project logs and following house builds on YouTube so I've decided to document the changes I do to the house here. Although not a computer, there's a lot of tech being added into the house with home assistant, media players, heating etc. It'll also help me keep track of the things I want to do to the house and hopefully get suggestion from forum members.

The first post with content will be going up later today along with some more info about the house.
    *Also if someone wants to sponsor the build pls let me know. k thx.

Last edited: 27 Feb 2023
  2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

So starting with the front of the house and the reason this album is partially hidden. I've also done some edits to the image to prevent easy reverse image searches just in case some weirdo like @legoman tries to get my address.

So there's not much to do here.
    The crumbling plant pot at the front is hiding a very small gas meter that's protected by a plastic container so that can go.
    The doors have had the locks changed and a padlock added to them for the right. the mechanism the padlock goes into needs to be readjusted a bit though.
    The naff climber to the left of the door will be going next weekend.
    The future plan is to have 2 cameras, a connected doorbell and strip lights going around the lower gutter. Still deciding on that to do to the driveway but a pressure wash will 100% be happening.
    The front is also a big of a pain as there's no real easy way to move stuff to the front once the side part is finished so I might get rid of that.

3. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

That's a good sized first home with garage/workshop included.
    Congratulations on securing it at last!
    I'm intrigued as to what you've had to randomly hide from us in the garden :winking:

4. MLyons

Thank you. Good luck fitting a modern day car in there. This will be used as a workshop for my aunt and for my RC car and 3d printer stuff.
    Nothing. It's just a very effective way to break reverse image search algorithms.

IanW and Arboreal like this.
  5. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I filtered it through a Rightmove listing with Tineye and by the looks of it you're our new Prime Minister?

IanW and Arboreal like this.
  6. MLyons

Should be fine then hopefully. My address being out there isn't a massive issue but does open me up to absolute nutters. Need to figure out a way to show the floorplan without is popping up.

7. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Found it. Expect a indiscreetly packaged sex toy in the post soon.

8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Redraw it in Paint with absolutely no straight lines?

MLyons likes this.
  9. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I reverse searched it...

[​IMG]

10. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

First thing I'd do would be to address what looks like the local pirates taking potshots at the front of your house.

11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Are the black spots all of the places you are going to mark your territory?

Remember dude, it ain't home until you've peed in the garden.

12. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I haven't peed in my garden for ages, I must rectify that this spring. The neighborhood cats need to understand their place.

b1g-d0g and Vault-Tec like this.
  13. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Too neat. Tear up the driveway and install more grass. That way you can park in your front yard and make the neighborhood look bad.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  14. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Ah, those black circles. I know now, they're Doge poop bags, which makes sense.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  15. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Just show a small portion of it at a time without revealing how it matches other parts i.e. a room at a time.

16. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Its basically this right?

[​IMG]

Last edited: 11 Mar 2023
  17. MLyons

Image doesn't seem to work for me. I've done stuff and got pictures. Plan to do the posts tonight or tomorrow

IanW, adidan and Arboreal like this.
  18. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Ditto for me @Goatee

Looking forward to seeing plans for the Doge Haus. I somehow expect there may be some RGB involved...

19. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Remove everything after the .jpg from the pic URL

Vault-Tec, Goatee and adidan like this.
  20. MLyons

No library or conservatory unfortunatly.