1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project Doh-n8

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by sock58, 13 Jun 2009.

1. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Oh my, an update!! Epic :D

2. NevaRinna

NevaRinna What's a Dremel?

Project Doh n8

If you guys ever get in the mood to make a small tweak for this, itd be nice if you made a link of Project View on the right of the threads title in the forum list. I know it only saves lazy people like me one click but then youve got the option right there to open it in project view

3. sock58

sock58 Budget mods

LMFAO!!

Project view?? In what sense now?? If you click the links you go to everywhere you need to go.
    Or am I missing something??

Waiting on the case to come, sorting out some finances too as I know I'm going to have to spend some money on this, which doesnt bother me at all, and tbh, id like to see a nice rig go up for sale.

Maybe a nice DFI board with some sleek DDR3 RAM and some nice gpu power, maybe a 4850x2 or something. Ill push for some sponshorship as this will hopefully be broadcast widely across the forums.

I need to buy parts and tools, which i expected in the beginning. Im dying for this case to arrive. Its going to be amazing.....

Thanks guys once more.

Socks

4. sock58

sock58 Budget mods

Im looking after the GF today as shes really ill, got one hell of a temperature aswell as her face puffing up like a balloon, feel useless when people are ill and all i can do is give them some paracetemol and call a doctor....

Hopefull she will be better soon...parts will arrive and this will be well under way...

5. DonT-FeaR

DonT-FeaR I know what a fk'n Dremel is ok.:D

hope she gets better

6. sock58

sock58 Budget mods

thanks dude...shes much better, fortunately was just a small infection so nothing major.

Update on parts..

Got some RGB lights coming from Mayhem, amazing donation, this shall definitely add some "ooomph" to the build. Got the 2 hdds coming out aswell and that cpu should be on its way from Vienna, Italy (omg, thats a trip and half)

Case should be with me sometime soon...

My damaged phase unit ( http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?p=332937#post332937 ) is hopefully going to be sold to someone and all of the proceedings towards that will be going on this mod.

Hoping to buy a nice DFI board off a friend (unless someone has one for donation?) and look into some nice GPU power as I dont know what is happening with the donations for those.

Im still looking for parts guys...will be taking some pics of what ive got the second they arrive.

Thanks once again to everyone whos getting involved.....

7. sock58

sock58 Budget mods

Nice little update for everyone

Had some parts arrive yesterday....CPU and GPU

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Waiting on the case now. Will be testing the CPU in my brothers rig over the next few days to see exactly what it is.

Gotta shoot off out for a bit now. I will come on later and post some more...hopefully the case should arrive in the next few hours, ill get some nice shots of that and some ideas.....

Last edited: 23 Jun 2009
  8. DonT-FeaR

DonT-FeaR I know what a fk'n Dremel is ok.:D

9. sock58

sock58 Budget mods

Case was meant to arrive today....still no show...i think somethings up with Parcel Force...

This is what the tracking says:

Parcel tracks

Date Time Location Tracking Event
    24-06-2009 11:27 National Hub Sorted in hub
    24-06-2009 01:10 Cleveland Depot On route to hub
    23-06-2009 13:40 Cleveland Depot Collected from customer
    22-06-2009 14:18 Haughton-Le-Skerne Collected from Post Office Branch

NICE!!! Gotta love british postal systems...

I would say maybe tomorrow but I am out on the bike...Ill have someone stay home though..

Cheers guys...

Socks

10. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

I do have a socket 775 board laying around, it's a Gigabyte p35 S3.
    There's one problem: the board was sold to somebody and he returned it to me claiming it was DOA. However, it had previously worked just fine for me. I'll get the thing tested soon, and if it works, it's yours.

Postage from here to UK is surprisingly cheap: 11 euro and it'll be there in 3 days.
    I'll update you soonish on the status of the board, but please dont get too excited just yet :p

11. sock58

sock58 Budget mods

Thanks dude. Give an update on here and I'll let you know my address asap...thats a nice little board, i do like the P35 boards. Especially for a nice little system like this.

Going into the shed today, got my camera lead back from a friend. So time for some modding guys...update soon....

12. sock58

sock58 Budget mods

Right guys...

This is where I have to say :

Due to some unforseen circumstances and a family matter, I will no longer be able to do this build. I have got in contact with everyone who sent parts and will be sending the packages back to them no questions asked.

I would like to thank everyone for their amazing co operation in this build. Im very sad that it never got off the ground, and i think it would be an amazing project and idea when/if ever tried again.

Kind Regards

Tim Sparks

Sock58

13. alecamused

alecamused Minimodder

sad to hear that. hope everything will turn out fine.