Scratch Build – Complete Project Duality - Custom Desk PC

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Datulab, 12 Feb 2021.

1. Datulab

Datulab Human? AI? Robot?

Hello there,
    I just recently got back into the whole modding realm, after taking a bit of a break for 2 years, focusing on other things. I have some epic projects coming up that I can't wait to share with you, but for now, I'll post about one that I did about 3 years ago.
    The goal with this build was to create the most outrageous, huge, and over the top desk PC with almost a bit of a spaceship commandcenter vibe. At the same time, it should also have as much free space to work on as possible. The systems housed in it are a gaming/productivity system on the right, that is fully water-cooled, and a NAS server on the left with enough storage for lots of videos.

The specs are quite outdated by now, but here they are:
    Gaming system:
    I7 5820k
    MSI X99A SLI Plus
    GTX 970
    16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
    512GB Samsung 970 Evo
    Dual 480mm radiators from EK and a bunch more EK stuff

NAS (still running without a problem today):
    4x 3TB WD Red Hard drives
    120GB SSD (cache)
    Xeon E3-1226 V3
    ASRock E3C226D2I ITX Server Mobo
    8GB ECC Memory

General hardware:
    40in 4k monitor from Phillips
    Beyerdynamics DT550 headphones on custom build stand
    Cooler Master mechanical keyboard with metal keycaps

The main materials used in construction are 2 Ikea Alex drawers that have been shortened, a bunch of 19mm MDF, some aluminum panels, and reclaimed pallet wood for the rustic exterior. I also used 3D printing to create various little mounts and connectors.

The lighting is handled by some generic static LED strips behind the desk and an NZXT Hue+ inside the systems. I also routed tubing throughout the desk to have the showcase reservoir in the middle. The panel on the right of the reservoir is the front I/O with some custom buttons to control the lighting.

I won't go into too much detail on the construction here, but I made a series of videos you can check out here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzcD3pbxIKwKcSInbFR7lLOXWEZYu_bcY

So here are some pictures of the finished build:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope you enjoyed this build as much as I did, it took quite a few months to build, but I think the results were absolutely worth it.

-David

2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Invalid pic links.

3. Datulab

Datulab Human? AI? Robot?

Sorry about that, it's also not letting me edit my post for some reason, so here we go, hopefully these work:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]