1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Eden

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Cipher_UK, 15 Mar 2003.

1. Cipher_UK

Cipher_UK What's a Dremel?

Here a few pics of the start of my project Eden case.

Designed for a VIA Eden EPIA800 system for email web, etc. Footprint is 210mmx140mm and about 200mm high.

Unfortunately the only place near me that does anything like acrylic is Focus DIY polystyrene sheet for replacing windows.

Anyway enjoy…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

Damn man... I'd use it as an mp3 server :D

Seems like a sweet idea, with all the plexi.
    /me giving 2 thumbs up

3. Green Soda

Green Soda What's a Dremel?

Thats small! Nice work on the HD window!

That mb your using, im assuming it has everything onboard? (too lazy to look for myself :hehe: )

4. the_secret

the_secret What's a Dremel?

-> dude, that's a small case
    -> what kind a power supply are you going to use?

5. Cipher_UK

Yep everything is onboard. The PSu is a special one designed for these Mobo, consisting of a small converter inside the case and a 55w laptop style psu on the outside.

6. Cipher_UK

Oh there is some close up piccys of the HDD here

HDD Thread

7. Jack

Jack Minimodder

I mate nice little case

That acrylic is the stuff from B&Q isn't it!!

how is it? brought some of the 2mm stuff from there for a window but found it chipped and cracked easy? how did you cut your's and do you think it would be easy to bend the 4mm that is?

8. Cipher_UK

Yep its DIY Acrylic - Well some form of polystyrene.

I have used both the 4mm and 2mm, the 2mm to make a replacement window for my Chieftec.

I have found the best way to cut the 2mm is to score it 6-7 times with a sharp stanley knife and break it over the edge of a table.

The 4mm is a different story - The above method is possible but nowhere near as acurate as the edge needs lots of work to look nice. Best way i have found so far was to jigsaw it with a large tooth blade, while cutting it get someone else to gentle pull the acrylic apart as it has a tendancy to pull back together, putting preasure on the blade which starts to melt the swarf and weld the cut back together.

Oh and a cheap way of polishing the edges - get a demel (or equiv) and a cotton polishing disk and the special ingredient - T-Cut...yep it works really well. Its how i did the edges on the HDD window.

as far as bending i have tryied the 2mm but not the 4mm. I used a hot air paintstripper but ig was fiddly with just me and it got the acrylic too hot. reasonable results though.

9. Moreland

Moreland banned

Nice Window mod Cipher :) keep the good work up, the case looks promising too.