1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Epia Box

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by krismcewan, 5 Feb 2004.

1. krismcewan

krismcewan What's a Dremel?

As a test subject for an unusual Mini ITX design I decided to use the box that the motherboard came in.

This proved to be extremely simple and although I wouldn't trust the system to run unobserved it works perfectly.

The spec was an Epia-800 motherboard which included sound, video and a C3 800mhz processor, a 10GB laptop hard disk, Small 55w Morex Power supply and 256 pc133 memory. Topped of with an IR Keyboard and mouse this PC is rather Unique.

Cutting the box was easy with a sharp Stanley knife and fixing came with tape.
    [​IMG]

I added a CD-rom drive to install the OS but took that off as the machine can be networked to install any other software. The memory, Hard disk and keyboard/mouse was salvaged from other pc's.

[​IMG]
    As you can see the finished product is extremely small and runs windows XP no problem although since the case is made of cardboard I wouldn't want to keep the system running too much in case of burning.

[​IMG]

I would not recommend this solution to people who want to run it for a while.
    I did it because it could be done.