1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project Frostbite X99 TJ-07 build/mod

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ChrisCaseMods96, 13 Mar 2015.

1. ChrisCaseMods96

ChrisCaseMods96 What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

I am new to the bit-tech forums. I saw lots of peoples case mods and system builds on here before i had a bit-tech account, then thought why not do my own build? I started building computers in mid 2012. I didn't have very much in terms of funds so i managed to scrape together the money for a core 2 duo based system which was okay in games. I waited until early to mid 2014 to build my first proper gaming rig, i5 4670k and a sapphire HD7870 GPU. This got me infected with the PC building/modding bug that i am still trying to battle to this day.

A couple of months ago i got my ideal chance to do something amazing. To build a X99 Silverstone TJ-07 monster of a rig. I picked up the case for £110, it was in a really bad state and was almost not worth the cash that needed spending on it. Fortunately i saw the light and unbent all the bent panels, then got it powdercoated white. Looks amazing now, totally worth the effort.

I want to make this PC my new personal rig which i can be proud of whenever i look at it. It has to be right. If i can make this build look good i hope i can start to make progress in the modding community and perhaps get somewhat known for producing good mods.

Here are some pictures before the powerdercoating/ TLC.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

... And after paint/ TLC :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More to come ;) Stay tuned, another update is coming today when i get the pictures uploaded :p :thumb:

Last edited: 11 Apr 2015
  2. ChrisCaseMods96

The motherboard has arrived! ;)

The motherboard arrived a few weeks ago. The glorious Asus X99-S. Such a beautiful board to go in my build. Couldn't be happier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More to come ;) :thumb:

3. gavbon

gavbon Extreme Overclocker/PC Anarchist

Looking forward to seeing the finished article :)

4. montymole

montymole Rigid Tubist

Hey young man happy to see this happening I have some things for this case that will help you a little bit I will send you a care package next week :) Good choice of case :thumb:

5. ChrisCaseMods96

Case is finally assembled!

Okay so the other week i put together the case to make sure all the parts go back together without any issues. Starting to come together nicely!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pictures of the motherboard in the case is what's coming up next, stay tuned folks! :thumb:

6. ChrisCaseMods96

Motherboard mounted in the TJ07

The next update is here! In this update the motherboard is mounted in the case!

The I/O shield installed (very tight fit i must say with the fresh powdercoating)

[​IMG]

The motherboard is installed, i can see where this is going.
    [​IMG]

These are the GPUs i shall be using for the project. Two AMD R9 290s (One from MSI then one from Sapphire)
    [​IMG]

I have installed the cards to see how they will look. They will have full cover water blocks on them (Not sure what brand)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am re using some coolermaster PCI slot covers that were painted white for my last build.
    [​IMG]

Sitting pretty ready for the next update :D
    [​IMG]

More to come soon! Ordered some Adata XPG Z1 RAM yesterday which i shall take photos of tonight when it arrives :thumb:

7. storm-83

storm-83 Minimodder

looking good

i just cannot wrap my head around the fact that Asus provided an unmodded io shield with a board of this type - catering to this user segment - and especially considering the price point!!!

my ocd was sent spiralling out of control when i saw that bare metal against the back of the case...

8. ChrisCaseMods96

Yeah i was a tad surprised as well to see a bare IO shield. Might have to vinyl wrap it. Vinyl may be the more durable option rather than paint which might crack and peel on a surface like that.

9. ChrisCaseMods96

Sponsored Bitfenix Items arrived!

Sorry for the long gap between updates!

So some sponsored Bitfenix items arrived! 8 Bitfenix Spectre Pro white fans and a Bitfenix recon black fan controller!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Things are getting good, stay tuned! :thumb:

Last edited: 11 Apr 2015
  10. ChrisCaseMods96

The RAM arrived!

The RAM arrived! 16GB of DDR4 2133 from Adata. Amazing RAM and proves to be very good at overclocking (more shown later)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More to come! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

11. ChrisCaseMods96

CPU arrived

Hello again guys and girls, the i7 5820k CPU arrived! Tested by a good friend of mine to do 4.6ghz on a Rampage V Extreme. I accept my board likely won't produce quite as high of a overclock but somewhere in the region of 4.4-4.5ghz.

[​IMG]

(Note the graphics card in the photo? More to come very soon:thumb: )