Project: Greenmachine (heh) 01/27/06

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Mastanives, 27 Jan 2006.

1. Mastanives

Mastanives What's a Dremel?

First off this is my first modding experience. I have been watching various Project Logs on this forum for about 2 months now and they have been inspiring me to make some of my own. I have a much bigger mod in mind but considering the parts that i dont want to ROYALY mess up on my first try, i figured it would be best to just modify an already built computer of mine. second, i could not think of a name so i just put down the lamest thing that i could personally think of for a mod thats main color scheme will be green.

ok now for what i have done so far.

the first thing i did was pull all of the old parts out and drain the old liquid. the old stuff was pretty bad off considering it had been in there for over 3 years. a year and a half of which it was just sitting turned off. you can see the liquid since the picture was taken before i got it drained out, it smelled horrible and my sink is angry at me.

[​IMG]
    stripped case.

[​IMG]
    old parts.

I have since then removed all the rivets in the case. i have never done this before and might i say, i HATE doing it. I will have pics of that up soon enough. Delays on pictures and a reason you might not see alot of me doing work on this project, is that the only digital camera that i can find is my mothers and she guards it with her life.

all the current components are staying accept the resevior/pump i am going to be replacing these and the tubing since i cut it all up :wallbash: it was pretty grundgy anyway. I will be replaceing the aluminum drive bays and floppy bay with acrylic bays as well. ok well time to sleep have poker tommarow.

2. Mastanives

Project: Greenmachine discussion

well I am actually getting started on some meaningful work, so I am going to open this project up for discussion now. post any feedback for help I will need it :D.

3. Mastanives

I continued working on the project today. In my entire life i have painted only one thing and it turned out pretty bad, so deciding to do it as close to right as possible i did a little bit of research. today I started getting the front, back, and MB plates ready. i marked off the holes that are going to be bondoed and the fan grills and such that i am going to jigsaw off tommarow. tonight i bondoed the motherboard holes that wont be used. bondo dries alot faster than i thought it would so i didnt do so well early on. but i got it together and started sanding that stuff. my main mistake in the sanding was doing it in my living room :wallbash: . that stuff gets everywhere, it went fast since i baught a black & decker mouse buffer... handy little bugger.

anyway tommarow will continue working and post pics after I get done. I also started up discussion on this log here

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

i like where youre going with this, and by the way, what case is that, is it a Chieftec?
    if soo, how did you get one with a Koolance kit on it.

I want one, I want one.

Mankz

5. Mastanives

about 3 years ago for christmas my parents baught me the system from compusa. at the time i do beleive that koolance was making the kits inside cases pre-built. so you could possible find one on ebay sometime. thanks for the feedback aswell. anyway back to work :dremel:

6. Mastanives

k well today didnt go at all as planed. i woke up and had alot to do that i niglected to do the day before, then i went to wal-mart to get some groceries and being me i ended up in electronics and baught 5 movies and watched those. after playing hackie sack for about an hour and a half you find me here writing this. so all you will be getting tonight are a few images sorry. more work will be done tommarow. now for some pictures...

[​IMG]
    this is the MB as it is turrently the little black box will be cut out tommarow. the edges will be cleaned up and i will lay the first primer coat.

[​IMG]
    ok well these are the front and back plates. the little black markings are quite messy but they give the general idea of all the holes getting removed. after I lay the primer coat on the MB I will start removing the big things from these and apoxy on the sheet I baught. when that dries I will begin bondoing all the holes and stuff to get a nice clean look. that other peice should explain itself, it is kind of annoying that it is seperate but it should also make removing the old fan grills alot easier. will be apoxying that on after I put the cut out the holes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ok, I got this in the mail today. Amazing power supply that is not going into this mod. this powersupply is the reason i am doing this mod, so that i dont MESS it up.

quite a few of my ideas for these cases so far have come from these two logs, they are basically the logs that got me to this site and got me to start on my cases.
    Rev.zero & Feeding Frenzy
    Although feeding frenzy has more to do with my large project.

BTW Ong-Bak is a crazy movie, if you like martial arts movies you should rent it or something. wal-mart had it for $14 well worth it to me.