1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: Hitman Tribute PC- Right Panel Completed- 3/8/08

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Matrix-D, 3 Feb 2008.

1. bumfluff

bumfluff What's a Dremel?

Looks nice.

For the barcode, you should make it so that it can be read at every major supermarket so your mod costs a different price everywhere. Although make it most expensive at Asda so that they have to get rid of that bloody annoying advert where they say they're cheaper than everyone else. Sorry, I felt like being silly. Handy to get mnpctech goodies with the case, they'll be very useful and certainly will be very well made.

2. Matrix-D

Matrix-D I know what a dremel is...now what?

Just a small update. I drilled all the holes for the rocker switches on the left panel. All unsightly cuts will naturally be covered by molding or switches.

[​IMG]

I'm thinking about putting the barcode on the back of the case just above the PSU. After all, it's on the back of 47's head.

3. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Thats a lot of switches!!!!!!!!! I have two buttons, on and reset. Now I'm envious. Switch envy. LOL!
    John

4. Macros_the_Black

Macros_the_Black Yup.. I'm a f-ing reptile

I got and idea for the bar-code. What about having a head shot (pun intended) of the back of his head (@ ~30° angle) showing the bar code in the neck in the lower left corner. The full body silhouette staying as it is, and will be on top of the head shot. Am I being confusing (as usual) or do you get what I mean? <=) It would be a 'wallpaper-style' image, kind of. One full body shot in the foreground and one enlarged head shot in the background... kind of like this.. hehe, just did a quick google img search so it's not really the coolest there is but I hope you get the picture (what's with the pun-spray today??) <=) -->
    [​IMG]

[edit]
    Hmm, apparently I incorrectly remembered the bar code being placed in the neck instead of in the back of his head, doh! Well, perhaps it's possible to make something out of it anyway?
    [/edit]

Last edited: 14 Feb 2008
  5. Matrix-D

Thanks for the idea man, it's definitely worth thinking about. Please stay tuned for more updates tomorrow.

6. Matrix-D

Modding finally resumed this Thursday night. I mounted the handles and blowhole on the top panel. I have to say, MNPCTECH makes some awesome bling.

Eventually, the panel will be powder coated chrome black and the handles and blowhole will be red.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, there are a few errant holes left by the previous owner of this case. I'll fill those in with some high temp JB weld (supposedly compatible with powder coating) after I go to the hardware store in the morning.

My goal for tomorrow is the completion of the front bezel.

7. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Looks good so far mate,keep up the good work :)

8. BigPoppaJNutZ

BigPoppaJNutZ Beyond the Dremel...

Nice idea! I bet this is going to look good. I like the layout/design.

9. Matrix-D

Sorry for the long time between updates. Most of the work I've been doing has been important, just not glamorous enough to post. I've been filling in a lot of holes, sanding, cleaning, etc.

Here's a pic of the aluminum trim I made for the front bezel. Still got about an hour of filling and sanding to go before it's perfect.

[​IMG]

The trim will eventually be powder coated red.

I'm agonizing over whether or not I want to powder coat my panel. I really want the great finish, but I'm worried about outgassing from the JB Weld I used to fill in several holes. It might be safer to just paint the panels or use vinyl film.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

10. Matrix-D

I had some setbacks today (most notably my dremel dying in a fiery ball of ciruit-breaking electricity) but I still managed to make some progress on the front panel. I extended the drive bay holes all the way to the bottom and drilled some holes to screw on the aluminum trim. Here's some pics of the progress. I apologize for the glare, the flash on my $40 camera does not do well with shiny metal.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The empty areas outside the blowhole will be filled with round hole modders mesh and the area inside will be red acrylic.

11. nickhelton

nickhelton What's a Dremel?

looks good to me. on the issue of Powder coating, if you dont have it available for cheap or no cost at all, i dont see the need to coat it. get some nice flat spray paints and take your time

12. Matrix-D

Thanks for the advice. I think you're right. I'm just going to paint the case and panels. I'll probably still get the aluminum accesories powder coated though (shouldn't cost much).

13. Matrix-D

I finally got time last night to start working again. Deciding it was time to get to work on the chassis itself, I cut out the fan holes for the two bottom fans.

Marked and ready for cutting

[​IMG]

Fan holes cut

[​IMG]

I'm currently working on filling in some holes in the bottom of the case. I'll probably cover the cuts with U-channel if I can find some big enough.

More updates coming soon. It's paint time!

14. Matrix-D

The painting has begun! I'm still sanding and cutting some pieces, so not everythings getting painted at once, but I have made quite a bit of progress. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All items were primed and then the top and right panel were painted with metallic black while the blowholes, handles, switches, and fan controller were painted with gloss red. I'm going to let everything cure for a week and then wetsand and clearcoat. I'm also going to paint the nubs of the handles black.

As always, comments and suggestions are appreciated.

15. Matrix-D

Unfortunately, this weekend has been very busy and I havn't had much time to work. I finally got a couple free minutes tonight but I didn't get very much done. The painting is going slowly, but that's okay, it leaves me more time to save up for the goodies inside the case :D .

During the week I managed to get the nubs of the handle painted black. They still need to be wetsanded and cleared, but I think they already look really cool. Here's a brief recap of their progression.

The "stock handles," already so nice and shiny.

[​IMG]

Painted entirely red (sorry, massively cropped picture)

[​IMG]

Painted red with black nubs (current state)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Radical_Monkey

Radical_Monkey Dremel > Lightsabre

Looking good dude! Cant wait to see it with its finished :rock:

17. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

A good game to tribute!

As a matter of fact, i was thinking of doing some casemod based on hitman after "bloodmoney" came out some years back. Still one of my favourites.

I think its too late, but the handles could go unpainted and somewhere in the case u could put something to remember the "silverballers"... After all it's a Hitman's trademark also...

Cheers mate, and i hope u didn't left this case aside!

18. Matrix-D

Thanks Yemerich and Radical Monkey!

Don't worry, I'm still working, just bogged down with school. You're right that the silverballers are important, I've decided to put them in one of the blowholes instead of the agency symbol. Still haven't decided which one yet, so any input would be appreciated.:D

19. Matrix-D

Small update. Here's one side panel, painted, cleared, wetsanded and trimmed. This is the right panel which will have the large "SIN" image in the middle

[​IMG]

I'm currently in the process of painting or clearing almost everything in the case. Expect more updates soon.

20. Radical_Monkey

Radical_Monkey Dremel > Lightsabre

For the Ballers you could cut them out yourself from some aluminium and put them on top of the top grill, something like this

[​IMG]

or this?

[​IMG]

Another idea could be cutting them out from the top panel of the case on either side of the grill like this?

[​IMG]

If you do that then you could stick a piece of acylic behind each cutout and etch some detail of the gun into it, then use LEDs on the edges of the acylic to really make the details stand out.

More updates please :D

Last edited: 11 Mar 2008
Tags: