1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project IcE bOx

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by metarinka, 10 Feb 2003.

1. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

sorry for no pics in this first pic (broken digicam :waah: ) anyways welcome to project Ice box... Having bought an ultra nice Haier american MInifridge with stainless steel finish... I'm planning on mounting the mobo in the freezer compartment, mounting all the drives int he side and maybe an LCd screeen too.. I also plan to do some major lighting (adding some led's to give backroudn lighting

OTHER THINGS

I might hook it up to what ever it's called (those metal coils in thermostats) so that as the temp varies LEd's brighten and darken... i'm also planning on lighting the "badge" on the front... expect too see some pics soon.. anyways heres a pic of the fridge fromt he website... although you can't see it, it actually has the "brushed" look

2. metarinka

[​IMG]

heres the pic.. hope the link works

3. Dark_Blender

Dark_Blender What's a Dremel?

Sounds like itll be pretty zesty bro. Im just wondering bout moisture and condensation in the mobo area:worried:

4. metarinka

dont worry first of all its ina relativaly dry room.. and the way the freezer compartment is designed it acts as a condenser so the water should stick to that instead of the slightly warmer mobo.. but yah i'll use some water proofing spray (the stuff they use on underwater camera's and that shoould help... i've been thinkin about this alot...

5. mod-ern man

mod-ern man What's a Dremel?

Now that's what I call stealth! Keep us posted.

6. metarinka

minor update!

I windowed an old hard drive... so I'm gonna go ahead and add that, prolly mount it to the wall... I'm also int he process of moddin an old cd rom drive.. I got some thing solid titanium Rods (Thanx to my jewler friend) for 3$ for a 6 inch rod 12 gauge (yah expensive but very strong and solid) I'm gonna gut the poor Cd rom drive, leaving just the motor... i'm gonna re-enforce the tray to turn it into a cup holder!!! playing off that old computer joke i should have some pics by the end of the week!