1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Jeantech modding

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Aldred_85, 18 Jan 2004.

1. Aldred_85

Aldred_85 What's a Dremel?

Heya, thought i'd finally get the confidence up and start a project log. No idea how long this will take, so please have patience.

Anyways, This is my stab at making a Jeantech JNZ751A look a bit more individual, and classy. Going by previous happenings this could easily end up in the disaster log, but im gonna mark thigns out properly this time, lol.

Heres a few pictures of the case as it stands now. *Please excuse the quality, im too stingey to buy a decent camera*
    [​IMG]
    Here we see the basic layout, nothing special I know.

[​IMG]
    And with the front pulled off.

[​IMG]
    Here we see the reverse of the fascia, so you people can see the potential, I hope.

[​IMG]
    And again from a different angle.

With the front fascia theres the main shell with an acrylic front, bolted on. Theres a thin layer of brushed alu sheet sandwiched between, so u cant see al the pop rivets, crap manufacturing from teh front, lol.

So, you've now seen the victim. I have had my own ideas, but guess what they've all been done, doh! My main route is to have a black acylic front, I already have a 120mm fan to shove in. I really like the look of the Dell servers with the uniform holes all up the front. Dell SC1600
    Any ideas or inspiration? I have already got, and wired, obligitory Blue LEDS, and a nice Vandal resistant switch.

So let your creative minds run riot please!