Case Mod - In Progress Project Just do it.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by KillaH, 4 Nov 2010.

1. KillaH

KillaH What's a Dremel?

I've been active on these forums a year or 6 back following the great mods from piloux and others, I always wanted to mod my own pc but age, cash and lack of tools never made me do it.

But now it's time, i'm going to mod my pc

I'm sticking with my old hardware (old means late 2003 system upgraded in 2008 with 2005 parts), which I moved last year from the original case to a large tower case for better cooling

Gigabyte GA-8S648FX-L
    Pentium IV 3.0 GHz
    2x 1GB pc3200 400Mhz cheap ram
    160GB HDD
    Geforce 6800 ultra with zalman cooler (2 pixel shaders & 3 vertex shaders unlocked)
    Soundblaster Audigy 2
    450 watt PSU

But this case is too big so I want to use the original case again only it has to undergo some mods for better cooling and a nicer look.

Plans:
    *120mm fan (red led) at rear instead of 2 noisy 40mm fans
    *maybe a 120mm fan (red led) in the front with a mesh
    *metallic black outside with red leds for power and hdd (vandal switch)
    *black tinted window (nothing to see when pc is off, not sure about the shape though)
    *red lighting inside (metallic black or glossy black inside)
    *new processor cooler
    *handholds
    *relocate front usb, firewire + sound ports
    *maybe add a NOD logo to justify the current name :p (the mesh could bet a cool place to hide the logo or the window, GDI logo is pretty easy for a window. Maybe i'll do both, GDI windows and NOD mesh or GDI & NOD windowS)

this is the subject, as i'm still in the planning phase I still don't know what to do with the front bezel, the acrylic front gives some opportunities but also is annoying because it doesn't cover the whole front.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

because it's a OEM case it's pretty flimsy and rivited together, maybe i can add some strength in the modding progress

Last edited: 4 Nov 2010
  2. KillaH

KillaH What's a Dremel?

due to APK (MOT check) of my car i only bought paint supplies so far (had to replace the rear brakelines which took some time and money), when i receive my next paycheck i'll buy the fans, mesh, window etc.

window plan i have now is just a rectangular one

3. KillaH

KillaH What's a Dremel?

well, the mod turned into a long term project.

after the mot the car began giving problems accelerating, replacing the lamda probe @ €132 didn't work.

it's now standing at the garage with a possible leaking headgasket and it will no doubt cost me a lot of money

on hold until further notice