Project : Lian-Ply 2 - The return of the wooden case.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by doggeh, 22 Jun 2004.

1. doggeh

doggeh Guest

Welcome to the Construction Of the lian-Ply by Doggeh. This is the second attemp at making a working wooden case as my first was cheap and made out of aweful quality wooden and never really took off.

2. doggeh

doggeh Guest

Day 1 - Planning

Planning the case was Mostly done in sketch-up as it is so easy and could be used to give me measurements when i was cutting the wood later on in the build. a link to show the video of the sketch is below

link - 5mb :yawn: For 56k :yawn:

It took me a about 2 hours to fully measure a li and build it in sketch up as i was a super n00b when in sketch-up thank god my talents have progressed. :hehe:

3. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

looks promising, but you really shouldn't post in this forum until you've got some actual work done.

4. planki

planki ...

the case is actually completed hes just writing the log file for it

5. doggeh

doggeh Guest

Thanks planki, I should have pointed out that i have already made this case but i have not got round to creating a project log for it. i can tell you that the case turns out good but im not letting any early pictures of it yet, you'll have to check back for them. /sevilaugh HAHAHA lol

6. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

right you are

you say you havent got round to creating a project log, so why put it in project logs? :confused:

moving to modding until there are pics and a log starting to take shape

7. planki

planki ...

come on luke if your gonna start a project log then put it in the wrong place you could at least make the effort to post the pictures and details its dropped to the second page allready!!!

8. doggeh

doggeh Guest

Day 2 - Materials and Chassis

Hello again, I have been temporally moved to the modding section as this thread is not yet deemed a project log. Hopefully I can turn that around with this post.

Day 2

Today I started out by nipping down to my local frank key builder’s depot to pick some materials for the case. When I got there to my horror they had ran out of 6mm MDF and 3mm PLY but don't you worry it will be in tomorrow they told me. I left the depot with 3 lengths of 1/2 inch pine (3m long each). This would provide ample strength and support for the heavy MDF sheets that would later cover the chassis.

When I got home the first person I phoned was 0stick0 my matey modder. We got the work bench and the jig saw and started to cut the pine to length. To hold it together we used several means of attachment

1 - Tiny nails
    2 - Wood glue
    3 - Fast tack spray adhesive

Here is a picture of the chassis.

[​IMG]

Other items bar form wood that will be used in the case will be:

A motherboard tray

[​IMG]

A CD bay

[​IMG]

I know it’s supposed to be an all wooden case but this will hardly be seen.

Hold tight for Day 3 when we'll be receiving the rest of the materials for the case.

9. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

Looks like this one's back on track, moving to project logs