1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Metaversa: LCD goodness (small update 17/07/05)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Nexxo, 11 Apr 2003.

1. scopEDog

scopEDog Minimodder

Love the block man...nice!! Although I'm with RAMeLaiR on keeping it rough, but it wouldn't match anything :(

So whats next on your list?

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Hey, it's da Scopedude! Long time no hear! :rock:

Well, next is PSU cable braiding. I also have to start putting together my order for the laser cutters... :D

3. auspex

auspex What's a Dremel?

:lol: :lol: :eeek:

4. MechWarrior

MechWarrior What's a Dremel?

Get me one too will ya ;)

5. auspex

auspex What's a Dremel?

Where did you purchase your case from? I searched through the Lian-Li site and couldn't find the PC-12 model.

6. Nexxo

Well, that should give you an idea of just how long I've been working on this project... :p

I bought the PC-12 at Performance PCs after it became unavailable in the UK. That was nearly two years ago. The reason you won't find it anywhere is because it has long since been discontinued.

No matter. Just get yourself a black PC-60 series, and change that cheap-ass plastic power button for a stainless steel vandal-proof one.

As the Wise Master says: "There are no ugly cases --just opportunities for modding" :D

7. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

I haven't posted here for a while but I check the thread often So please don't hurt me Mr Nexxo :worried: .

Love this project and it's certainly given me some ideas and inspiration. I dig your logo too mate! :thumb:

I'll be getting some of those O-locks for where my hoses join my Rad (the pi-thon clamps are too big to fit there with the rad fan). Thanks for putting me onto them Nexxo. :)

You'll need a datasheet to accompany the system when you show it off, with all the electronic and technical stuff you'll have in there!

:cooldude:

8. Bluebark

Bluebark What's a Dremel?

Long thread…but filled with quality workmanship through and through. Nexxo, you do some really fine work. I liked the twin turbine looking exhaust ports…real industrial. :thumb:
    I gotta rest now…

9. Nexxo

Having the wee man of great modding drop by is always an honour, G-gnome... :D

:jawdrop: ... That would take some work... there's so many bits and pieces!

Thanks for the compliments. I know updates have been slow... many other things going on atm. It will be worth the wait, honest...

10. Fyberwire

Fyberwire What's a Dremel?

cant wait to see the update nexxo :D

11. ynema

ynema What's a Dremel?

This is an awesome mod.
    Now tell me where is that 5" LCD from cause I read through the thread and I can't find where you mention it's from. Cause it would be an awesome addition to my Stereo/Mp3 player mod I'm planning.
    Otherwise keep up the good work.

12. Nexxo

The 5" LCD was a used item I bought from my mate Scopedog. I suspect he got it from Partsexpress.com originally. I don't think it is for sale anymore, anywhere (except eBay perhaps?)... You can still get 4" and 6"+ size screens, though.

13. Omnipotence

Omnipotence What's a Dremel?

This looks great!

14. Morpheon

Morpheon What's a Dremel?

:grr: Is this project ever going to finish....I mean it is amazing....in my list of top 10 cases ever.....but it started in April!....I suppose on the quest for perfection (and trying to fit that in with all that goes on in life) things like this just take time....I just hope you get to enjoy you hardware while its still not out of date....

:sigh:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Great Job though on what you have done :thumb: :thumb:

Last edited: 7 Nov 2003
  15. Risky

Risky Modder

I'm not sure a project needs a 'start and a 'finish' I guess my project started about three years ago when I cut a side blowhole and I'd imagine it will be a while before I pension off the case. Some things need time to evolve and when you planned originally might be irrelevant by the time you get to it.

I will start a project log when I get a camera again and I wouldn't expect any finish until I have to buy a BTX case!

16. Nexxo

Nearly there... the problem is that most bits needed to be developed from scratch (sometimes outside my expertise and I needed to learn or get help), and I needed to source the right parts (e.g the pump --not exactly conventional PC modding stuff), ship bits in from accross the world (you won't believe how long those cd-rom brackets took) find access to some unusual equipment...

I have very little time. I'm in a very busy, demanding job... I want to spend some time with my wife, and due to the working hours most household stuff happens at weekends...

Currently I want to braid the PSU, but I'm waiting for the ATX molex pin removers to arrive. I am polishing the GPU block today, though. Now I finally got the flow switch PIC interface (the flow switch in itself took over a month of negotiating, and it took me two months to find someone who could do the PIC --thanks, bsodmike! :thumb: ) I still have to set it up in a module which has a relay, feeds the pump, interfaces with the PSU etc. Not complicated, but labour intensive.

As for things running out of date: no worry. I'm already looking at engineering altered brackets for the CPU blocks so I can mount them on one of the new MSI dual Athlon 64 mobos, which have practically the same dimensions and layout as the K7D-Master-L I have now. So I can make the leap to 64 bit in the near future very easily. :D

17. Lord Kordir

Lord Kordir What's a Dremel?

GIT :eeek: . Fantastic work though......I wish I had the skill.

18. Nexxo

Update! Just to show that the project is still alive...

Today, I've been mostly polishing my Maze4GPU block...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 27 Jan 2004
  19. at_b

at_b What's a Dremel?

shiny :D

20. Fyberwire

Fyberwire What's a Dremel?

woah. You nexxo, have just convinced me to buy one. The finish is unbelieveable.